Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Where's the Tim Tebow thread?

Re: Where's the Tim Tebow thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    The defense is a huge part of it as is the O-line for its run blocking but Tebow's 4th qtr stats are laudable
    Tebow is the guy who lights the house on fire only to go back in and save the kids and he's proclaimed the hero.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Tebow is the guy who lights the house on fire only to go back in and save the kids and he's proclaimed the hero.
    You do have a point there...

Greatest Halloween Costume Ever...

Hoping to change my username to 75769023

In all seriousness, I actually thought Tebow should have been starting all year for the Broncos. Not that he's that good, but you know Orton is terrible, and Tebow couldn't be any worse, and had a good chance to be better.

As for his 4th quarter performances, I think a lot as to do with how well his skill set matches up with a prevent defense. He can't give you the long ball, the big play, and that is all the prevent stops, while making it easy to make quick drop offs, and QB runs, Tebow's strength. I think in the 4th quarter, teams should run a normal defense, as he's not going to hurt you with a big play anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    In all seriousness, I actually thought Tebow should have been starting all year for the Broncos. Not that he's that good, but you know Orton is terrible, and Tebow couldn't be any worse, and had a good chance to be better.
    You said it. Until he proves he can not do it keep him in there. And by can not do it I mean "1 and 4".
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

Greatest Halloween Costume Ever...

Not amused. Why don't you listen to his words, you could learn a lot.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    I don't see how people can hate him. He just seems like a nice guy.
    He's a Donkey I mean Bronco isn't that enough for some rivals?

In all seriousness though, I think that many that hate him are just tired of him being shoveled down their throats by ESPN. ESPN has been riding Tebow ever since he got to Florida and he's been on ESPN almost every week since, people got tired of him and it hasn't changed since he left Florida. It's gone from being "can he play in the NFL" to "can he be stopped" every week someone talks about him and I just think theres those that "hate" him because of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    I'm not disgusted by him, but I'm disgusted by the way the media fawns over a mediocre QB. He's not terrible, but he's not someone that deserves the type of attention he's getting. He's a good kid, hard worker and a good athlete, but the time devoted to covering him is beyond ridiculous.
    Give me a break. It's a story literally straight out of a movie. You couldn't get away from Major League/John Elway comparisons on Twitter Sunday, and it's dead on. Expecting the media to ignore a story like Tebow is crazy.

Now, I don't watch ESPN so I'm sure they are beating it to death and that's irritating, but that's why I don't watch that network unless it's live sports.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson24 View Post
    Not amused. Why don't you listen to his words, you could learn a lot.
    Also don't understand this take. He's not Jesus Christ come back, calm down.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Give me a break. It's a story literally straight out of a movie. You couldn't get away from Major League/John Elway comparisons on Twitter Sunday, and it's dead on. Expecting the media to ignore a story like Tebow is crazy.

Now, I don't watch ESPN so I'm sure they are beating it to death and that's irritating, but that's why I don't watch that network unless it's live sports.
    How is it dead on? The guy is completing 49% of his passes. He's not that good. When I watch a movie, I expect the hero to be a good player. That's not the case here.

It's only out of a movie because people are making it into one. I got news for you... if this is straight out of a movie, we're going to see a sequel soon and it's going to be such a horrible flop you're going to realize the entire movie franchise wasn't that good to begin with.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post

I agree this story deserves coverage.

My biggest issue is that he was getting the same bow down treatment from ESPN way back to his years as a Gator, when it wasn't even close ro being justified. Not that I'm bitter he beat both Ohio State and University of Cincinnati in BSC games.

As for his 4th quarter performances, I think a lot as to do with how well his skill set matches up with a prevent defense. He can't give you the long ball, the big play, and that is all the prevent stops, while making it easy to make quick drop offs, and QB runs, Tebow's strength. I think in the 4th quarter, teams should run a normal defense, as he's not going to hurt you with a big play anyway.
    Didn't Orton lead the Bronco's to a 6-2 start a few years ago?

I don't think you can continue to win games scoring 13-17 points. I think Fox and Elway no this but they really have no other options this season. I think Fox is a heck of a coach in order to completely change his offensive scheme mid season.

Tebow "hate" is a straw man. I don't see a lot of "hate" out there for him. Like others have said, it's more fatigue and countering the opinion of some that he's so amazing. People disagree with much of the praise that's heaped upon him constantly that some confuse that as hate. I don't have any hate for him, but I certainly don't think he's anywhere close to as good as he's made out to be....in college or the pros.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Tebow "hate" is a straw man. I don't see a lot of "hate" out there for him. Like others have said, it's more fatigue and countering the opinion of some that he's so amazing. People disagree with much of the praise that's heaped upon him constantly that some confuse that as hate. I don't have any hate for him, but I certainly don't think he's anywhere close to as good as he's made out to be....in college or the pros.
    Exactly.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

I've seen (actually should say heard as I listen to more ESPN radio than watch sportscenter) more anti-Tebow comments on ESPN than pro-tebow comments on ESPN during his NFL stint prior to his current stretch.

Trent Dilfer and Colin Cowherd railed on the guy's NFL skills pretty hard earlier this season. Will they be right? I don't know, but its not all a love fest in Bristol over Tebow's QB skills.

Turn Off Ads?