Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Where's the Tim Tebow thread?

Re: Where's the Tim Tebow thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    He completed two passes against the Chiefs. Two.
    He also threw for more yards against the Steelers (#1 pass defense) than any QB this entire year. I realize he can play on both ends of the spectrum, but there were obvious improvements in his game as the year went on.

Again, I'm not sold on him long term, but I'm saying I think it's still way too early in his career to make a fair judgement. If I were a GM I can't say he'd by my choice but hey what do I know. You can do a lot worse in your first 16 professional starts than Tim Tebow has, I do know that.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    He also threw for more yards against the Steelers (#1 pass defense) than any QB this entire year. I realize he can play on both ends of the spectrum, but there were obvious improvements in his game as the year went on.

Again, I'm not sold on him long term, but I'm saying I think it's still way too early in his career to make a fair judgement. If I were a GM I can't say he'd by my choice but hey what do I know. You can do a lot worse in your first 16 professional starts than Tim Tebow has, I do know that.
    Yeah- he threw for more yards than anyone on just ten completions lol...Pretty flukey wouldn't you say?

One play went 80 yards...and that was what a 15 yard throw?

He isn't an NFL quarterback.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Actually- maybe it's too soon to know...I'm not impressed so far.

LOL orton over tebow... i dont even like the guy that much, but thats funny

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    The head coach who drafted Tebow was fired later that season. Unless they have the same GM, none of the above exist.
    Brian Xanders is still the GM. Josh McDaniels, the coach you reference, is enough of an "expert" that he was just picked up by Belicheck for the playoffs. I'm not arguing the wisdom of drafting Tebow in he first round, but it's not like we're talking about Joe Schmoe that made a bad fantasy pick.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    I can think of several starting QBs that are worse at throwing the ball than Tebow. Anyone who has started for the Colts this year, Blaine Gabbert, the Beck/Grossman poo poo platter in Washington. No, Tebow isn't the most accurate passer. Yes, he struggles sometimes making basic throws.

But he also just lit up the Steelers for over 300 yards in a playoff game. How many guys have done that? I was really hard on this guy for a really long time. But I've got to give him credit when credit is due. He's not nearly as good as some make him out to be (hello, Skip Bayless). But on the same hand, his detractors (and there are many) don't give him nearly enough credit. He throws a BEAUTIFUL deep ball.

I think he has many similarities to Big Ben when he first came in the league. Throws a great deep ball, is hard to bring down, can scramble, and runs a limited offense. Why can't he be a lefty version of Big Ben?
    Are any of those QB's running threats? They're much better PASSING QB's and they sit back in the pocket and actually read defenses. Tebow just sits back there like he's trying to read 'Atlas Shrugged' in Mandarin.

I mean, you do realize you're defending a guy who passed for 45.5% this year, right?
    Last edited by Todd Gack; 01-15-2012 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    He chose the right reciever and hit him perfectly in stride allowing Thomas to not have to slow down. Tebow was perfect on that play. So was Thomas.

I do wish the focus was on the Steelers (Polamalu?) D though. To not have at least one safety play deep in OT where a TD beats you is insane. This play aside, one trip-up by your CB and you are headed to the showers. Poor coaching and/or execution. That play should have resulted in a 15-20 yard gain, nothing more.
    It was a standard post pattern. Those are the kind of throws you teach 8th graders to throw on the 2nd day of practice. Not to mention it was the only read he had.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

I'm still wondering why the Broncos traded away Jay Cutler or Brandon Lloyd, who would have been a wondrous help, for that matter.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WMR;2524853[B
    ]LOL orton over tebow[/B]... i dont even like the guy that much, but thats funny
    I also found this to be funny.

Geez, it's only Tebow's first full year as a starter.

He isn't an NFL quarterback.
    He may not be Dan Marino, but that's what the so-called experts said about Kordell Stewart, who merely led his team to the AFC championship two times, losing honorably to the eventual Super Bowl Champions each time.

If that's failure, most Bronco fans will take it.

There are no guarantees that Joe Schmoe robotic drop-back passer will prove to be any better than Tebow. In fact, the results may well be worse.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

These bitter haters make it sound like this is it. This, right now, is as good as Tim Tebow will ever be and there is no chance he will get better. This was his 16th career start. So essentially, he just completed his rookie year. And these people act like this is it, this is the limit.

I guess we all need hobbies.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Tebow did a good job this year. Many teams did not even make the playoffs. A couple months ago, not very many people thought the Broncos were going to come nowhere near the playoffs.

[QUOTE=WMR;2524853]LOL orton over tebow... i dont even like the guy that much, but thats funny[/QUOTE

It was supposed to be funny, but name the one quarterback who beat Green Bay this year. (Hint- it wasn't Tevo).

The worst thing that ever happened to Denver was beating the Steelers. If they had lost that game they could have made Tim the team mascot, gone out and gotten a real quarterback, and everyone would have been happy. Now they're stuck with the guy.

Amazing how when the media starts hyping something how everyone just gets in line.

It's not as if a stud franchise QB was all that likely to fall into their lap if they'd lost to the Steelers, though.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    It's not as if a stud franchise QB was all that likely to fall into their lap if they'd lost to the Steelers, though.
    See Flynn, Matt. He's available to whoever wants him.

Okay, but he's 1 guy, and with no shortage of other teams who should be in the market, is there some reason to think they'd have been the team to sign him? It just seems more likely to me that they'd have ended up with competition/backup like they will anyway.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Turn Off Ads?