Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Thread: Where's the Tim Tebow thread?

Re: Where's the Tim Tebow thread?

Uh, he was drafted in the first round.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Uh, he was drafted in the first round.
    Well just about every expert thought that was completely insane.

I see your point about the hype, but I can also see how he could be viewed as an under dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Well just about every expert thought that was completely insane.

I see your point about the hype, but I can also see how he could be viewed as an under dog.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Except for the experts that work in Denver's front office.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    See, this is where things get easily misconstrued. Tebow as a person is completely separate from Tebow the NFL QB. Someone can have an opposing POV on him and his future in the NFL than some of his fanbase and those who think he's going to be good without taking for granted how he is using his fame. One does not have to do with the other.

I think some think that people like me who just aren't buying that the current version of him on the field as being sustainable somehow are rooting for him to fail just so we can be right. I'm not that small minded. Were it not for fantasy football, I don't know that I could watch the NFL. There's very few players worth rooting for, IMO. I grow tired of all the chest bumping, taunting, and showboating that has become commonplace in any NFL game. The latest that has me annoyed as hell is the "first down celebration." I really don't like the theatrics that go into the current trend in TD celebrations, but at least it's for a scoring play. Now players feel like they need to dance for a first down, a sack, a good hit, a nice return, a good catch, you name it.

I think the opposite of that is assuming Tebow fans are thinking he is single handedly winning games, or God is somehow intervening on his behalf. (granted, like politics, there are extremists on both sides of the argument)

Tebow is the 'role model' that so many fans have been waiting for. A superstar in the spotlight that gives of himself, holds himself to high personal standards, and freely deflects credit to his teammates, while taking full responsibility on behalf of his teammates when there is failure. Unlike politics, the more background checks, digging into his past, and stakeouts on Tebow....the better the story gets.

They are predicting tonights game will be one of the most watched football games.....ever. That's got very little to do with Elvis Dumervil , Von Miller, Rob Gronkowksi, or the Josh McDaniels drama.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...intervention/1

Poll: 43% say Tim Tebow is winning via Divine Intervention

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    http://content.usatoday.com/communit...intervention/1

Poll: 43% say Tim Tebow is winning via Divine Intervention
    Pretty impressive numbers for a 756 person phone poll.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    I think the opposite of that is assuming Tebow fans are thinking he is single handedly winning games, or God is somehow intervening on his behalf. (granted, like politics, there are extremists on both sides of the argument)

Tebow is the 'role model' that so many fans have been waiting for. A superstar in the spotlight that gives of himself, holds himself to high personal standards, and freely deflects credit to his teammates, while taking full responsibility on behalf of his teammates when there is failure. Unlike politics, the more background checks, digging into his past, and stakeouts on Tebow....the better the story gets.

They are predicting tonights game will be one of the most watched football games.....ever. That's got very little to do with Elvis Dumervil , Von Miller, Rob Gronkowksi, or the Josh McDaniels drama.
    Right on. He's the guy the
    Sports universe and everybody else have been clamoring about and now that they have him, they can't wait to see him fail. Astonishing really.
    Witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    Pretty impressive numbers for a 756 person phone poll.
    They claim:
    Margin of Error +/- 3 percentage points*
    http://media.pollposition.com.s3.ama...tervention.pdf

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

This is the guy they've been waiting for?

His story is great, except the part about not being a very good player.

Terrific person, not so good professional quarterback.

Gonna be an interesting off season. Denver needs more offensive weapons.

It's worth noting that this is Tebow's 16th career start (if I remember correctly). I wouldn't have been ready to bury Dalton had he struggled, and I don't think they're quite ready to move on from Gabbert in Jacksonville. Tebow has a ton of room for improvement and there's no reason to think he won't get better, heck he's gotten better as this season has gone on.

The best thing Denver can do is try to get Orton back. With Tebow, they'll sell a lot of tickets and merchandise, but they'll be a .500 club at best.

Haha I dunno man. I'm not sold that Tebow is their future there, but no reason to go back to Orton who couldn't win in Denver.

If they look elsewhere they'll prolly draft someone.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Tebow's a smart player and very coachable. He can and will get better.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Gonna be an interesting off season. Denver needs more offensive weapons.

It's worth noting that this is Tebow's 16th career start (if I remember correctly). I wouldn't have been ready to bury Dalton had he struggled, and I don't think they're quite ready to move on from Gabbert in Jacksonville. Tebow has a ton of room for improvement and there's no reason to think he won't get better, heck he's gotten better as this season has gone on.
    He completed two passes against the Chiefs. Two.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    Except for the experts that work in Denver's front office.
    The head coach who drafted Tebow was fired later that season. Unless they have the same GM, none of the above exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?