Turn Off Ads?
Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 345 of 484

Thread: Where's the Tim Tebow thread?

  1. #331
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    12,356

    Re: Where's the Tim Tebow thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    A whole 6 years above the average?!

    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!11 11111
    Uh, ok?

    I would like to point out some hypocrisy at this juncture.

    You often point out how Dick Williams reached his current position because of factors other than quality experience in the industry. In his case nepotism. Which is true.

    Tim Tebow has reached AA because of his popularity. He certainly did not because of quality performance. His stats last year at A- and A+ stunk and did not warrant a promotion.

    I’m surprised you are a Tebow fanboy.
    Last edited by RedTeamGo!; 05-16-2018 at 09:03 PM.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #332
    We're Together Again... Bob Sheed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,440

    Re: Where's the Tim Tebow thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Uh, ok?
    How many years was Corky above the average AAA age in his twilight years?

    Where was the outrage?

  4. #333
    Member Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    31,920

    Re: Where's the Tim Tebow thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    How many years was Corky above the average AAA age in his twilight years?

    Where was the outrage?
    Don't you mean, where was the outpouring of love and appreciation for Corky sometimes hitting a home run against guys he's like 7 years older than?
    I dont care, Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. Hes in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.

  5. #334
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    12,356

    Re: Where's the Tim Tebow thread?

    PS: Tebow’s OPS is down to .763
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  6. #335
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    12,356

    Re: Where's the Tim Tebow thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    How many years was Corky above the average AAA age in his twilight years?

    Where was the outrage?
    Man that’s about as apples and oranges as it gets. Corky was a lifetime baseball guy. He was like an extra coach on the field.

    Tim Tebow is a college football commentator playing baseball
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  7. #336
    We're Together Again... Bob Sheed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,440

    Re: Where's the Tim Tebow thread?

    Look, I get the hate. I found Kitna to be annoying for a similar reason.

    Just admit it. He could bat .300 and the "outrage" would continue.

  8. #337
    Member Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    31,920

    Re: Where's the Tim Tebow thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Look, I get the hate. I found Kitna to be annoying for a similar reason.

    Just admit it. He could bat .300 and the "outrage" would continue.
    It's a cliche to say "I don't care" but I really don't care about Tebow. If people wanna go nuts over his HRs in Palookaville, NY, fine. But just admit it's because he's Tim Tebow - American Idol, cosplaying as a baseball player, and not because you really think his .460 BABIP over two weeks means he is now The Natural.
    I dont care, Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. Hes in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.

  9. Likes:

    Kinsm (05-17-2018)

  10. #338
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    12,356

    Re: Where's the Tim Tebow thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Look, I get the hate. I found Kitna to be annoying for a similar reason.

    Just admit it. He could bat .300 and the "outrage" would continue.
    I don’t really see how “he’s a gimmick” is outrage but whatevs
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  11. #339
    Member Kinsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,474

    Re: Where's the Tim Tebow thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post


    This is what I'm supposed to be hooting and hollering over. Come on.
    He's had a solid 2 weeks, I'll give him that. But prior to that he was hitting .226 - .314 - .339 w/ 31 K's in 62 AB's; which is right in line with his numbers last season albeit more K's now.

    He's still not good.

  12. #340
    Member Kinsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2,474

    Re: Where's the Tim Tebow thread?

    And for the record, I for one hope he makes it to the bigs, and I hope the Mets play him every day. I want to see someone obliterate Mark Reynolds' single season K record.

    Only then will the, I love Tebow crowd quiet down.

  13. #341
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    48,704

    Re: Where's the Tim Tebow thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    He's had a solid 2 weeks, I'll give him that. But prior to that he was hitting .226 - .314 - .339 w/ 31 K's in 62 AB's; which is right in line with his numbers last season albeit more K's now.

    He's still not good.
    That was literally Robot Gum Machine guy's point.

  14. Likes:

    Tom Servo (05-17-2018)

  15. #342
    We're Together Again... Bob Sheed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,440

    Re: Where's the Tim Tebow thread?

    The passive/aggressive schadenfreude for Tebow in this thread is hilarious.

    "I don't really care, but when he fails, it will be HILARIOUS!"

    Like i said, I put Tebow in Camp Kitna, which means I found his pulpit mildly irritating back when he was in the news on a more regular basis. But you people... and in denial about it too... yeesh...

  16. #343
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    12,356

    Re: Where's the Tim Tebow thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    The passive/aggressive schadenfreude for Tebow in this thread is hilarious.

    "I don't really care, but when he fails, it will be HILARIOUS!"

    Like i said, I put Tebow in Camp Kitna, which means I found his pulpit mildly irritating back when he was in the news on a more regular basis. But you people... and in denial about it too... yeesh...
    “You people”

    Not everyone thinks the same way. I’ve see one person that fits your strawman here.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  17. #344
    Member Rojo Rijo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,827

    Re: Where's the Tim Tebow thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    It's a cliche to say "I don't care" but I really don't care about Tebow. If people wanna go nuts over his HRs in Palookaville, NY, fine. But just admit it's because he's Tim Tebow - American Idol, cosplaying as a baseball player, and not because you really think his .460 BABIP over two weeks means he is now The Natural.

    Lets be real here. The last time Tebow was discussed in a thread you joined in only to claim you didn't care and made some sarcastic comment about how you hope he ends up the President or something, yet here you are again. If you don't care then why even join in? I don't get it.

    Every time this subject is brought up it ends up the same. I knew it was going south the minute Dom chimed in with "He's a joke. Terrible" and then linked an article from over a year ago before he even started single A ball.

    The anti-Tebow crowd on this site is undoubtedly upset because Tebow didn't fall flat on his face like so many said he would.

  18. Likes:

    dubc47834 (05-17-2018),jimbo (05-17-2018)

  19. #345
    Member Rojo Rijo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,827

    Re: Where's the Tim Tebow thread?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    He's had a solid 2 weeks, I'll give him that. But prior to that he was hitting .226 - .314 - .339 w/ 31 K's in 62 AB's; which is right in line with his numbers last season albeit more K's now.

    He's still not good.
    Yet he's still been so much better than any of the anti-Tebows on this site predicted when this whole started but I don't see them admitting it. Strange.....


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator