Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Where's the Tim Tebow thread?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Where's the Tim Tebow thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I think the suspension was more for the fact that they did this for three days than the actual kneeling. After awhile if they tell you enough is enough, you have to cooperate
    Here is the thing though.... they weren't doing anything wrong. They were harming absolutely no one. Kneeling down does not warrant a suspension, at all.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Here is the thing though.... they weren't doing anything wrong. They were harming absolutely no one. Kneeling down does not warrant a suspension, at all.
    It does if they were told to stop and kept doing it, and, if they were doing it where there were crowds of students all trying to get to their next class at the same time, that could certainly be dangerous.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    It does if they were told to stop and kept doing it, and, if they were doing it where there were crowds of students all trying to get to their next class at the same time, that could certainly be dangerous.
    How many players across the nation kneel, point up, or do the fist to the chest and then point up, or any one of a hundred other celebrations? I saw it at least 10 times this year in games I reffed suspending them is retarded. This is typical bureaucratic bs that has infiltrated the school system for the past 40 years. This is typical taking a nuclear bomb to kill a fly.

According to the student on first take the school never asked them to stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    Sounds like a power trip by some teachers to me. What if the students just wanted to walk really slow? That could "be dangerous" too. If the other students were blind kids who ran around everywhere they went. When I was in high school, all of 9 years ago, I had to walk around and walk past plenty of people who were "in my way" on the way to class. What if those kids were "tebowing" but actually praying instead of just mocking a football player? Well, then these teachers and school would be in a whole bunch of trouble for what they did.

And simply because someone in authority tells you to stop, doesn't mean it is right for them to do so or that you are doing something improper.

Sounds like a power trip by some teachers to me. What if the students just wanted to walk really slow? That could "be dangerous" too. If the other students were blind kids who ran around everywhere they went. When I was in high school, all of 9 years ago, I had to walk around and walk past plenty of people who were "in my way" on the way to class. What if those kids were "tebowing" but actually praying instead of just mocking a football player? Well, then these teachers and school would be in a whole bunch of trouble for what they did.

And simply because someone in authority tells you to stop, doesn't mean it is right for them to do so or that you are doing something improper.
    It seems like a silly suspension, but I've seen sillier. Suspending them actually makes a bigger deal than what the administrators were trying to avoid.

However, in a school, the teachers have all the power, and if they tell you to stop doing something, for whatever reason, you have to stop or accept the consequences. Schools are dictatorships. Students have almost no rights. You may be in the right, but you still have to do the time.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    It seems like a silly suspension, but I've seen sillier. Suspending them actually makes a bigger deal than what the administrators were trying to avoid.

However, in a school, the teachers have all the power, and if they tell you to stop doing something, for whatever reason, you have to stop or accept the consequences. Schools are dictatorships. Students have almost no rights. You may be in the right, but you still have to do the time.
    Students don't have rights if their parents don't stand up for their rights. There is no way that my parents would have allowed that suspension to hold up.

Students don't have rights if their parents don't stand up for their rights. There is no way that my parents would have allowed that suspension to hold up.
    As someone who works in a public school, I can tell you that your parents have every right to appeal, but it is doubtful anything would have changed. Suspensions usually are only over turned when civil rights, or the ability to graduate are at stake.

The Broncos win as a Tebow, lose as a team.

I don't get it. All the other QBs at least almost come back against the Pats nonexistent pass defense, and he throws balls at the feet of open receivers and loses fumbles and takes a 30 yard sack, and still gets the Jeter treatment from the announcers after the game.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

I know I'm immature but......
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

The reason they will not shut up about him is if they do not talk well of him....Skip Bayless will go on ESPN First take, or should I call it the 2 Hour Skip Bayless Ego Trip....and will blast you on his pulpit.

Can someone explain why this POS is allowed carte blanche to talk about Tebow and the Cowboys all day?

I got the idea that it was a distraction for the other students. If that's the case then the school has a right to police it. Further, how can a student go to class if he's in the hall praying?

Yep, that regression to the mean for Tebow is going to be oogly. In a way, this is a christmas present for John Elway and John Fox. This will allow them to seek QB help without a full revolt on their hands.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

4 INTs is ugly in anyone's book

So now for the Raiders to make the playoffs we need the chiefs to beat the Tebows? I don't think its possible to make a Raider fan sicker than to know we have to rely on the CHIEFS to beat ANYONE to help us even the Donks!
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Turn Off Ads?