Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is Redszone's #19 prospect?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • C Tucker Barnhart

    18 28.57%
  • 1B/3B Sean Buckley

    0 0%
  • RHP Tim Crabbe

    3 4.76%
  • LHP Amir Garrett

    0 0%
  • UT Brodie Greene

    0 0%
  • OF Ryan LaMarre

    3 4.76%
  • 1B Donald Lutz

    4 6.35%
  • LHP Chris Manno

    0 0%
  • OF Denis Phipps

    4 6.35%
  • RHP Dan Renken

    0 0%
  • 3B Gabriel Rosa

    20 31.75%
  • RHP J.C. Sulbaran

    5 7.94%
  • RHP Josh Smith

    1 1.59%
  • 3B David Vidal

    5 7.94%
  • OF Kyle Waldrop

    0 0%
  • other (please list below)

    0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 19 of 19

Thread: Who is Redszone's #19 prospect?

  1. #16
    Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Loveland, OH
    Posts
    2,919

    Re: Who is Redszone's #19 prospect?

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I agree that he isn't a much better prospect than either guy, but I do think he is a better prospect than both.

    Also, I don't think anyone is going to correct you on Crabbe. Those are the reports on him, though I do think I would argue he doesn't have the best slider, even if BA says he does. But it is a good pitch.
    Doug, glad we agree. Vidal and Barnhart will start in Bakersfield next year, correct? Will Duran make the jump with them?

    I'm excited to see what all three can do next year. I have them in the same tier, so I can definitely see the arguments for each as a superior prospect. Therefore, I disagree with Betterread's premise that Vidal is so much better than the other two.

    I still have Crabbe over all three. I'm a sucker for K rates and his control took major steps forward last year. If he can master that third pitch, while keeping his control and Ks (I know that's a big if), I would not be surprised to see Crabbe as a consensus top-10 prospect next year.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #17
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    33,783

    Re: Who is Redszone's #19 prospect?

    Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    I still have Crabbe over all three. I'm a sucker for K rates and his control took major steps forward last year. If he can master that third pitch, while keeping his control and Ks (I know that's a big if), I would not be surprised to see Crabbe as a consensus top-10 prospect next year.
    The lack of a third pitch is why I am not on the Crabbe bandwagon just yet, and when I say bandwagon, I mean at this point in the rankings. I do like him quite a bit as a prospect, I just think its as a reliever at this point. Until I hear something more, I still see him as a likely reliever which keeps his value down a bit.

  4. #18
    Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Loveland, OH
    Posts
    2,919

    Re: Who is Redszone's #19 prospect?

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    The lack of a third pitch is why I am not on the Crabbe bandwagon just yet, and when I say bandwagon, I mean at this point in the rankings. I do like him quite a bit as a prospect, I just think its as a reliever at this point. Until I hear something more, I still see him as a likely reliever which keeps his value down a bit.
    I can see that hesitation. What percentage chance do you think he has to master a third pitch? My feeling is if you have good velocity and you have mastered one other pitch, how hard could it be to master a third pitch? I would think he has a very good chance (~80%) to learn one more pitch and be an effective starter.

  5. #19
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    33,783

    Re: Who is Redszone's #19 prospect?

    Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    I can see that hesitation. What percentage chance do you think he has to master a third pitch? My feeling is if you have good velocity and you have mastered one other pitch, how hard could it be to master a third pitch? I would think he has a very good chance (~80%) to learn one more pitch and be an effective starter.
    I don't think its nearly that high. If it were, a ton of relievers would be starters. He has had three seasons in the minors now and he hasn't yet come close to throwing a reliable third pitch.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25