Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Do you use self-checkout?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • All the time. I want in and out as quick as possible.

35 47.30%
  • Sometimes if I have a few items. Anything bigger and I go through the registers.

22 29.73%
  • Only if the cash registers are backed up and I need to get out ASAP

11 14.86%
  • I refuse to use self-checkout

6 8.11%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Self-Checkout

Re: Self-Checkout

First, the grocery store I frequent most doesn't have self check outs but I do use them occasionally at other places. Second, and I say this with the most delicacy possible, as I know some people will likely take this with offense, but generally the experience I have here with people working at grocery store check outs is infinitely more pleasant out west than it is in the midwest, south and on the east coast. I won't go all out and say people are nicer here because I'm not sure that they are, but I will say that people seem to me to be much happier here than in a lot of other places I've been and it seems to reflect in their attitude to others.
    School's out. What did you expect?

2. Turn Off Ads?

I rarely have issues with self-checkout and greatly prefer it...

Use self check whenever possible. I actually get mildly annoyed when I go to a grocery store that doesn't have self check and I try to avoid that store in the future if possible. It doesn't really have much to do with the customer service, im just faster than they are. I've become an expert on those things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

If I'm too far over the item limit, I'll put things back to get nearer to the limit.

Personally, I love the self-checkout and will use it anytime i can.

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire123 View Post
    HOWEVER, when you go through a line do YOU acknowledge the checker/bagger also? Or are you too busy yakking away on that cell phone implanted in your head? Do you act with common courtesy, or do you treat the person helping you like a peon that put dog poop on your porch step? There is a huge difference between "Service" and "Servant", and your grocery/department store checker is not a *servant*. they're providing a service, and deserve a little bit of respect and courtesy.
    Having spent a few years of my youth as a bagger, I totally empathize with this. There's a lot of rudeness on display from customers. I'd tell each customer to have a good day, and I'd say 90% of them would would just grunt in response or simply ignore me. To this day I always make sure to be polite to those in customer service, because I remember how much it sucked being on the receiving end most times.

Whichever line is shortest and gets me out of the door quickest. On any given day, that could be the self checkout or the cashiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    It bothers me but I think its not going to do much good to fight it. Still, I prefer checkers.
    Depends on who the checker is. Here at the local Walmart we got a few humdingers. LOL

I use for their speed and convenience if I'm only purchasing a few items. But other then that I stick with checkers. If the technology is too successful then that means more people getting replaced and in the unemployment line.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I'll use the self-checkout, but what with that, ATM banking, drive-through windows, on-line shopping, & etc., I think we are giving up our ability to interact with actual people.

Took me a moment to see the joke. Kinda' subtle, as good jokes should be.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    This has never been a concern because almost all the time when there is a bagger in a line, they leave when my groceries start to get processed even if they just helped someone else. Very bizarre and does not matter what store I am in. In a past life, I must of done something evil to grocery bagger.
    Guess that makes two of us.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw133 View Post
    Took me a moment to see the joke. Kinda' subtle, as good jokes should be.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    This has never been a concern because almost all the time when there is a bagger in a line, they leave when my groceries start to get processed even if they just helped someone else. Very bizarre and does not matter what store I am in. In a past life, I must of done something evil to grocery bagger.
    As a variation on this theme, I used to stand and wait for someone to bag my groceries at a non-self-bagging store like Kroger. I figure since I'm paying for the service, I might as well get my value.

But somewhere along the line, I got over it. If my wife is handling the money part and there isn't a bagging dude in sight (which seems to quite often happen), I just bag up the groceries myself.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Let's see how well trained we are. Who returns their shopping cart? Who buses their own fast food table?

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Let's see how well trained we are. Who returns their shopping cart? Who buses their own fast food table?
    I absolutely do both. It really annoys me when people don't do those things. Especially the cart. I'll return more than one cart if it's on my way.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Both, always.

Turn Off Ads?