Bullpen
    CL Lecure/Boxburger
    SU Brey
    SU Masset
    MR Arredondo
    MR Ondrusick
    MR Horst
    LR Lecure/Brackman/or whoever is left from the yanks trade

Boxburger might not be ready so i think Lecure could be the best option if they can't find anyone else. I don't think Chapman is going to start 32 games so we would have at least 2 other guys who could step right in. I like the yankee trade the most out of all of them because it really helps both teams. Yanks get 2 SP which they really need and a good young OF while the Reds get a leadoff hitter who takes over for the K machine stubbs (205 k's.......ouch seen enough). The Reds might be giving up alot to get Hellickson but I think he will be worth it and would give us one hell of a rotation for years to come. the Quentin trade just makes to much since for both parties.

why is BP batting 4th

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 3 deals that have cincy winning it all

wont happen/ rather have what we have

Put yourself in the Rays shoes, there's no reason to trade Hellickson. None whatsoever. 1.1 WHIP, 2.92 ERA in the AL East. 25 years old on opening day. Untouchable comes to mind if he's on my roster.

Fantastic...and by that I mean total fantasy!

None of those three teams would make those deals.
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

Well, you get points for bringing new names into the mix.

The Rays and Yankees trades are just terrible.

It would take Stubbs and a fairly good prospect to get Quentin. The 27 year old Stubbs would be a downgrade for the White Sox so there would be no reason for them to make that trade unless the Reds included a nice little prospect.

the Quentin trade just makes to much since for both parties.
    It all makes since now

The Yankees need pitching and the whitesox need to get younger and lose his contract. As for the rays deal they have a surplus of young pitching and they would get alot in return for a pitcher in which they have alot of it puts up 2 starters in the next year and possibly 3 in joseph and didi would be ready in a few years so yeah i think they make alot of since for both sides

why is BP batting 4th

I'll play... 3 deals. Some big pieces moved, but I feel it would be worthwhile.

Votto to San Fran for Bumgarner, Brandon Belt and Sergio Romo. San Fran's anemic offense gets more interesting with Votto/Pablo/Buster in the middle.

Stubbs, Grandal, Frazier to the M's for Michael Pineda. The M's get 3 position players to team with Ackley/Smoak for when Hultzen, Walker etc. arrive to pitch alongside Felix. They are also very short on position players.

Volquez to Toronto for Travis Snider. Both players have enormous talent, and may need a change of scenery. Volquez would be appealing to Anthropolous I would think, to flip at the deadline after a bounceback, or even make an improbable playoff run.

Hypothetically now Cincy would have Sappelt 8, BP 4, Yonder 3, Bruce 9, Rolen 5, Belt 7, Mesoraco 2, Cozart 8. Above average defense and the possibilities for 7 800+ OPS bats, along with a shorstop with some pop.

Cueto, Bumgarner, Pineda hold down the first 3 spots, while Bronson, Homer, Aroldis, Leake and Wood fight for the final 2. Assess the situation and your assets accordingly from then forward and decide what to do. I would personally give Bronson away at this point, and even eat some money to do so. However, minus him, the overall upside of that rotation is absolutely elite to go along with a solid offense at every spot and defense as well... Snider is a real wild card as well.

I dont think id give up all that for brett gardner..For some reason i think Bailey is going to be good. His head is whats making him not reach his potential at the moment but I say keep him. he could possibly be the ace of this staff in a year or 2. On the other hand Gardner is OK not great not a 5 tool player but OK. i watch alot of yankee games( my dad is a Yankee fan) and he has great speed and a decent glove but other than that he struggles with the bat at times and IMO that Yankee lineup makes gardner as good as he is not the other way around. plus he usually hits 9th in the order. for goodness sakes jeter still hits leadoff

Stubbs & 206 Strikeouts for anybody is a joke.

The White Sox surely are just chomping at the bit to add yet another EX-Red with 200 strikeout...record breaking totals.

Reds fans never fail to amaze me on what they think our trash is worth. What is amazing is that they think our major league trash is worth something...yet young talent like Grandal & Alonzo is easily given up without any hesitation.

I'll say it again. This club doesn't need better players. It needs a better manager & a better pitching coach.

The problem is toothpick.

Quote Originally Posted by FireDusty View Post
    Stubbs & 206 Strikeouts for anybody is a joke.

The White Sox surely are just chomping at the bit to add yet another EX-Red with 200 strikeout...record breaking totals.

Reds fans never fail to amaze me on what they think our trash is worth. What is amazing is that they think our major league trash is worth something...yet young talent like Grandal & Alonzo is easily given up without any hesitation.

I'll say it again. This club doesn't need better players. It needs a better manager & a better pitching coach.

The problem is toothpick.
    I know you really don't like Dusty as a manager, and I'm not a huge fan either. I'm curious though as to who you would pick for our next manager.

Turn Off Ads?