Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "Trade Brewing..." Thread from Sun Deck

"Trade Brewing..." Thread from Sun Deck

This from "bringinpain2384" in the Sun Deck:

Let me start this thread by stating that I've been a lifelong Reds fan. I know i don't have any previous posts under this username but I've been lurking for a long time without posting because I like to hear what fellow Reds fans have to say about any and everything regarding our franchise.

I'm fortunate enough to know the Castellini family fairy well. Great family. I couldn't have been more thrilled for Mr. (Bob), Mrs. (Susie), and family (Bob Jr., Phil, Trich, etc.) when they were able to purchase their hometown favorite Reds after a long road of previous ownerships of MLB teams. There is no one in this world that wants the Reds to be a winner than Mr. Castellini himself. He means that when he says it. The Reds are his ultimate passion outside of faith, family, and friends.

Mr. Castellini and his staff are trying harder than ever to build a contender this offseason. Mr. Jocketty shares the same passion as Mr. Castellini. I don't want anyone to think for a second that they are sitting on their hands, not trying to improve this ball club and turning it into a perennial contender.

Having said all of that, I can tell you today that Mr. Jocketty contacted Mr. Castellini today during a special event and asked him for his approval of a trade proposal. Of course Mr. Castellini approved as he has ultimate faith in Mr. Jocketty to make the right move. Unfortunately and for obvious reasons, I'm not sure of the details. But I do know that if it does go thru, it was described as an eye-opener by the top brass and it involves some of the top young talent in the Reds organization. Alonso was brought up and it wouldn't be speculated by the top brass but it seemed as though he would be a part of it. It was said that this deal could be finalized as early as tomorrow (Saturday). Now we all know that deals can fall thru, but it's interesting nonetheless.

I can also tell you that the trade involved a left fielder in return. Also, the brass is apparently very high on Joe Saunders. I hate that, but it is what it is. I wish i had more info than that, but unfortunately I don't at this time. Take from this post what you will.
    http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93153

As the poster him/herself writes... take from this post what you will.
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: "Trade Brewing..." Thread from Sun Deck

Keymuster got promoted to a front office job? ;-)
    "Man, the pitch looks fast, even in slow motion." Thom Brennaman on Chapman's fastball.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Well, I for one am ready to eat some crow if Walt actually does something to improve this team.

Maybe the Reds got Justin Upton and Joe Saunders!
    "Iíll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. Thatís just how I do things.Ē -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

If this is true, a trade does happen in the next few days (big if) I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that many Reds fans who have been begging for a trade, won't like this one.
    "Man, the pitch looks fast, even in slow motion." Thom Brennaman on Chapman's fastball.

I hate falling for these! *anxiously waits big announcement*

Redszone is one of the most credible sources of baseball news on the internet... except for unfortunate posts like these . It makes me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Keymuster got promoted to a front office job? ;-)
    Might be Johnny Smith from twitter......
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished

Long live punishment
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    The base you want to acquire is home.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    If this is true, a trade does happen in the next few days (big if) I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that many Reds fans who have been begging for a trade, won't like this one.
    Of course. I've been saying that the Reds needed to bring in a LFer, top starter and a reliever since before the season ended. I've been dreading an announcement the last few days along the lines of the Reds dealing Alonso, Grandal, Hamilton and Corcino for Gio Gonzalez and Andrew Bailey.

I'm just hoping Jocketty has enough sense and experience not to do that. Don't get me wrong. I have been pushing for a deal and I would ante up such a package for the right return. I just don't see Gonzalez and Bailey as being that right return though.

I like Bailey well enough and Gonzalez has some value, but I'm not sure Gio is a great fit for the GAB.

Well, it's better written than most fake insider posts. I give this at least a small measure of credibility.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

This has the feel of a viral myth.... lots of "intimate" (but common knowledge) detail to imply credibility, foggy generic details to imply credibility (reds trade youth for blockbuster bat? Hey that fits!), big payoff to get people titillated but absolutely nothing actually specific to allow any kind of verification. Then the big turnaround....the Reds are mostly assumed to be chasing pitching, fans are clamoring for pitching, but this is for a leftfielder (which isn't a high priority) and would probably mean pitching needs are addressed by Saunders... Oh yes, and the poster heard this and immediately thought that he should make this his very first post on redszone. I smell something fishy and it's not the good kind that comes from fresh salmon on the grill.

I'd say the Reds have a better chance of picking up Josh Judy for free which is virtually unlikely given he'd have to make it past the Ms and Z's fetish for bullpen arms.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

This has the feel of a viral myth.... lots of "intimate" (but common knowledge) detail to imply credibility, foggy generic details to imply credibility (reds trade youth for blockbuster bat? Hey that fits!), big payoff to get people titillated but absolutely nothing actually specific to allow any kind of verification. Then the big turnaround....the Reds are mostly assumed to be chasing pitching, fans are clamoring for pitching, but this is for a leftfielder (which isn't a high priority) and would probably mean pitching needs are addressed by Saunders... Oh yes, and the poster heard this and immediately thought that he should make this his very first post on redszone. I smell something fishy and it's not the good kind that comes from fresh salmon on the grill.

I'd say the Reds have a better chance of picking up Josh Judy for free which is virtually unlikely given he'd have to make it past the Ms and Z's fetish for bullpen arms.
    Yeah.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

If the front office uses up Alonso to acquire Joe Saunders, then I for one will have lost all confidence in WJ.

I don't know about this particular thread, but the Reds have been so, so quiet this off-season that maybe they are planning a big trade.

You don't even see rumors involving the Reds. You don't even see small pickups, a reliever perhaps, a bench player.

I don't know how to read the eerie silence. One possibility is that they are quietly working on something big.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I don't know about this particular thread, but the Reds have been so, so quiet this off-season that maybe they are planning a big trade.

You don't even see rumors involving the Reds. You don't even see small pickups, a reliever perhaps, a bench player.

I don't know how to read the eerie silence. One possibility is that they are quietly working on something big.
    There was really only one position the Reds could have added without the domino's starting to fall. They could/can add a closer without reallying being forced to make another move. But lets look at it this way.

They want to add a starting pitcher, right now they have Cueto, Leake, Arroyo, Bailey, Chapman, Wood, and Volquez in the rotation hunt. I may be wrong but the only guys who can go to AAA are Wood, Chapman, and Leake. Leake and Chapman are too valuable of arms to send to AAA.

Then you have OF with Stubbs, Bruce, Alonso, Heisey, and even Sappelt as viable outfielders. You weren't going to go out and sign Cuddyer or Willingham while you already had your 3 starting OF under contract. A move for a starting OF would have needed to be made shortly after a trade.

I have a feeling the Reds will get something done. And to be honest Latos hitting the trade market may just be the best arm to be on the market this off season. No sense in trading the farm for an Oakland pitcher when the market still has some question marks surrounding it.

Turn Off Ads?