Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is Redszone's #20 prospect?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • C Tucker Barnhart

19 36.54%
  • RHP Andrew Brackman

0 0%
  • RHP Nick Christiani

0 0%
  • RHP Tim Crabbe

3 5.77%
  • UT Brodie Greene

0 0%
  • LHP Donnie Joseph

1 1.92%
  • OF Ryan LaMarre

1 1.92%
  • 2B/SS Devin Lohman

0 0%
  • 1B Donald Lutz

2 3.85%
  • OF Denis Phipps

4 7.69%
  • RHP Josh Ravin

0 0%
  • RHP Dan Renken

0 0%
  • RHP J.C. Sulbaran

13 25.00%
  • RHP Josh Smith

1 1.92%
  • 3B David Vidal

8 15.38%
  • other (please list below)

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who is Redszone's #20 prospect?

Re: Who is Redszone's #20 prospect?

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    Should we re-do our list? Have we in the past? I don't think so.
    I'm not sure we've had someone from our Top 20 list (or whatever version we've previously had) be traded during the office since this has been done here on RZ. And now we've heard three of the top prospects pulled from the list.

Not to hijack the #20 (or is it now #17?) thread, what are other's thoughts? Or should this be a separate thread?
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    I'm not sure we've had someone from our Top 20 list (or whatever version we've previously had) be traded during the office since this has been done here on RZ. And now we've heard three of the top prospects pulled from the list.

Not to hijack the #20 (or is it now #17?) thread, what are other's thoughts? Or should this be a separate thread?
    Time to renumber IMO. Just name the threads Who is RZ's # 17 prospect: Redux, #18 etc. until we get caught back up. So folks know it's a new thread.
    Last edited by Mario-Rijo; 12-18-2011 at 12:17 PM.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Yeah, I am not sure why we would redo any polls. The guys who won, won.

Sulbaran deserves more respect. He still has a ways to go with his command (mostly with his off speed stuff), but he reduced his walks and increased his FB speed a tick and commanded it much better.
    He's a legitimate prospect to be a ML starter.

Can anyone show me a current Reds top 20 list (other than this site) with Tucker Barnhart on it?

We'll just omit the players who were traded and slide the numbers up. As you may have noticed, Andrew Brackman was also added to the list. Had he won his first poll, I figured we'd have a discussion about whether to put him higher on the list.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    We'll just omit the players who were traded and slide the numbers up. As you may have noticed, Andrew Brackman was also added to the list. Had he won his first poll, I figured we'd have a discussion about whether to put him higher on the list.
    I still have him a ways down the list.

When we edit the list for the next poll(s), without the traded guys, can we footnote that at the bottom? Something like, * Before they were traded on December 17, 2011, Yonder Alonso was ranked by Redszone as the #2 prospect in the system, Yasmani Grandal #3 and Brad Boxberger #8.

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    When we edit the list for the next poll(s), without the traded guys, can we footnote that at the bottom? Something like, * Before they were traded on December 17, 2011, Yonder Alonso was ranked by Redszone as the #2 prospect in the system, Yasmani Grandal #3 and Brad Boxberger #8.
    I concur with this. It allows for the historical posterity of the original votes. Not that what we're doing here has an particular significance, but it will allow the record to be noted.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

I've been traveling the past few days and haven't had time to research these guys. Ran the names this morning and Vidal really looks good here. I'm surprised he's not getting more support.

Maybe time to get Villareal on the poll. Given some of the names on the list, I don't see why he's not on.

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    I don't see the point of listing Padres prospects as Reds prospects.

What does it matter where Yonder Alonso fell on the list before the trade?

I would just eliminate Yonder, Grandal and Box and move everyone down the appropriate number of notches.

So now we should be up to number 17. Next guy will be 18.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    Maybe time to get Villareal on the poll. Given some of the names on the list, I don't see why he's not on.
    He has been on a few of the polls without receiving any votes. I'll add him to the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    I don't see the point of listing Padres prospects as Reds prospects.

What does it matter where Yonder Alonso fell on the list before the trade?

I would just eliminate Yonder, Grandal and Box and move everyone down the appropriate number of notches.

So now we should be up to number 17. Next guy will be 18.
    Exactly.

Turn Off Ads?