Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade Brewing...

Trade Brewing...

Let me start this thread by stating that I've been a lifelong Reds fan. I know i don't have any previous posts under this username but I've been lurking for a long time without posting because I like to hear what fellow Reds fans have to say about any and everything regarding our franchise.

I'm fortunate enough to know the Castellini family fairy well. Great family. I couldn't have been more thrilled for Mr. (Bob), Mrs. (Susie), and family (Bob Jr., Phil, Trich, etc.) when they were able to purchase their hometown favorite Reds after a long road of previous ownerships of MLB teams. There is no one in this world that wants the Reds to be a winner than Mr. Castellini himself. He means that when he says it. The Reds are his ultimate passion outside of faith, family, and friends.

Mr. Castellini and his staff are trying harder than ever to build a contender this offseason. Mr. Jocketty shares the same passion as Mr. Castellini. I don't want anyone to think for a second that they are sitting on their hands, not trying to improve this ball club and turning it into a perennial contender.

Having said all of that, I can tell you today that Mr. Jocketty contacted Mr. Castellini today during a special event and asked him for his approval of a trade proposal. Of course Mr. Castellini approved as he has ultimate faith in Mr. Jocketty to make the right move. Unfortunately and for obvious reasons, I'm not sure of the details. But I do know that if it does go thru, it was described as an eye-opener by the top brass and it involves some of the top young talent in the Reds organization. Alonso was brought up and it wouldn't be speculated by the top brass but it seemed as though he would be a part of it. It was said that this deal could be finalized as early as tomorrow (Saturday). Now we all know that deals can fall thru, but it's interesting nonetheless.

I can also tell you that the trade involved a left fielder in return. Also, the brass is apparently very high on Joe Saunders. I hate that, but it is what it is. I wish i had more info than that, but unfortunately I don't at this time. Take from this post what you will.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Trade Brewing...

Much appreciated.

interesting

Well I sure as hell hope the names associated with this trade are Quentin and Floyd/Danks!

interesting to say the least....could we have traded for latos and maybin and sent a bunch of guys to san diego??? its possible!!

could you imagine carlos quentin batting along with phillips and votto...talk about dangerous !

I understand the need to trade Alonso, but I wish we could hold onto him for one more year and see what he can do offensively for a full season. Stick him in left, and let him play everyday to start the season. If we're lucky, he could be the answer to leftfield that we have been looking for.

They call me "chef"

I've been thinking for months that the Reds may or may not make a trade that may or may not involve Alonso and may or may not bring a leftfielder back. This info may or may not reinforce my feelings that this may or may not happen.

If we were to trade for Danks / Quentin as I hope this is what it is meaning then based off of MLBTradeRumors projected Arbitration Salaries and what I would project our roster to look like:

Arroyo 7
    Phillips 12
    Rolen 8
    Votto 9.5
    Chapman 4.7
    Cueto 5.4
    Bruce 5
    Masset 2.4
    Danks 7.6
    Quentin 6.6
    Cairo 1
    Bray 1.4
    Hanigan 1.3
    Arredondo 1
    Stubbs 0.5
    Bailey 1.8
    Leake 0.5
    Wood 0.5
    Heisey 0.5
    Ondrusek 0.5
    Frazier 0.5
    Mesoraco 0.5
    Cozart 0.5
    Lecure 0.5
    Janish 0.8

Total: 80

Which would leave us with about $5M to spend on a closer and a back up SS/INF who can hit.

Quote Originally Posted by rolenmvp View Post
    could you imagine carlos quentin batting along with phillips and votto...talk about dangerous !
    I can imagine Alonzo hitting there.

If Jockerty clears out our top talent for has been losers it will go down as a truly horrid moment in Reds history.

Just image if Perez & Bench had been traded for Cito Gaston & Joe Coleman.
    Last edited by FireDusty; 12-17-2011 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rolenmvp View Post
    Why does everyone seem to think this guy is awesome.

Look at the at bats and the power numbers and then do some math with Chris Heisey.

Unbelievable.

On Cardinals' boards we had people posting similar stories about "inside knowledge" that Pujols would sign with St Louis. They gave similarly generic details (e.g. one claimed he was the only person to know AP was on vacation). In any event, clearly they were full of it (knew this from the beginning).

I hope the above post is legitimate because it would be valuable for this board, but I wouldn't bet money on it!

Again, I hope you are telling the truth because it would be very interesting if real.

Anyone else just see Yonder's tweet..?

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs212 View Post
    Anyone else just see Yonder's tweet..?
    Traded to San Diego for Latos

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal_Fan View Post
    On Cardinals' boards we had people posting similar stories about "inside knowledge" that Pujols would sign with St Louis. They gave similarly generic details (e.g. one claimed he was the only person to know AP was on vacation). In any event, clearly they were full of it (knew this from the beginning).

I hope the above post is legitimate because it would be valuable for this board, but I wouldn't bet money on it!

Again, I hope you are telling the truth because it would be very interesting if real.
    There you go, looks like guy either has amazing timing, or is telling the truth. I'm not sure how I feel about a 4-1 trade like this, but if Latos comes in and is a stud then ill obviously change my tune lol.

Turn Off Ads?