Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: RedsZone Rookie

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member RedsBrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    575

    RedsZone Rookie

    First time poster but a lifelong Reds fan since before the BRM. I've been looking for a great place to chat Reds baseball...looks like I found it!

    With regards to today's trade...I'm pleased. A great, young pitcher with incredible upside and a financially friendly contract....hard to find.

    Now if the Reds can lock down the lead-off spot and a LFer....bring on spring training!

    I look forward to chatting Reds' baseball!

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Findlay, OH
    Posts
    450

    Re: RedsZone Rookie

    Quote Originally Posted by RedsBrick View Post
    First time poster but a lifelong Reds fan since before the BRM. I've been looking for a great place to chat Reds baseball...looks like I found it!

    With regards to today's trade...I'm pleased. A great, young pitcher with incredible upside and a financially friendly contract....hard to find.

    Now if the Reds can lock down the lead-off spot and a LFer....bring on spring training!

    I look forward to chatting Reds' baseball!
    Welcome good sir. I'm sure many on here will look forward to arguing with you

    In regards to your lead-off spot and a lfer idea, I think it is going to be either or. My guess getting a LFer and using BP/Cozart at the 1/2 spot in the order

  3. #3
    Member RedsBrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    575

    Re: RedsZone Rookie

    Quote Originally Posted by drowg14 View Post
    Welcome good sir. I'm sure many on here will look forward to arguing with you

    In regards to your lead-off spot and a lfer idea, I think it is going to be either or. My guess getting a LFer and using BP/Cozart at the 1/2 spot in the order
    Thanks, d14.

    I agree about it being an either/or.

    I'm sure this has been kicked around a lot on this board but ideally I'd love for DS to have better plate discipline and be able to fulfill the lead-off role....too much speed to ignore.

    Would love to have a RH power bat to stick in left.
    Last edited by RedsBrick; 12-17-2011 at 07:17 PM.

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Findlay, OH
    Posts
    450

    Re: RedsZone Rookie

    Quote Originally Posted by RedsBrick View Post
    Thanks, d14.

    I agree about it being an either/or.

    I'm sure this has been kicked around a lot on this board but ideally I'd love for DS to have better plate discipline and be able to fulfill the lead-off role....too much speed to ignore.

    Would love to have a RH power bat to stick in left.
    By DS do you mean Drew Stubbs or Dave Sappelt? I'm assuming you mean Stubbs since you mentioned speed. I don't think he will ever have the skills to bat lead-off, it would be nice though. I think he has the tools to be a 3/4/5 hitter though, assuming he cant get his plate discipline in check. Although, if he could learn how to lay down a bunt, that would go a long way towards developing into a lead-off guy.

    Dave Sappelt on the other hand has potential as a lead-off guy down the road imo.

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    16

    Re: RedsZone Rookie

    im also joining as well ive actually been on here for awhile just never had my own username i always got on my friends account but the trade today worries me but 2012 should still be exciting due to cardinals and brewers getting weaker

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    47

    Re: RedsZone Rookie

    Quote Originally Posted by vin19 View Post
    im also joining as well ive actually been on here for awhile just never had my own username i always got on my friends account but the trade today worries me but 2012 should still be exciting due to cardinals and brewers getting weaker
    Newbe here myself, though a Reds fan since Crosley and a vet of another Reds board. Wanted sanity rather than mudfights, so this site was recommended.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8

    Re: RedsZone Rookie

    You guys tried Reds4Life? It's a new site and the guys there are really into the Reds. You should check it out. They let you have a little more "ownership" you could say than most sites and none of the mudslinging like you mentioned.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25