Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reds Top Prospects After The Trade

Re: Reds Top Prospects After The Trade

One thing to consider when looking at what's left in the system is that Chapman is most likely ticketed to continue his development as a starting pitcher at AAA. He's no longer eligible, but he'll be in the minor league system and developing to help the team in the future. If he was eligible, he'd probably still be number one on this list, pushing all the others down a notch. The Reds dealt some good prospects, but there is a lot left IMO and its still a strong minor league system that looks a little weaker than the future help it will actually provide due to Chapman's ineligibility.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

2. Turn Off Ads?

It also should be noted that the Reds could have more than a half dozen first/comp selections in the next two drafts as a result of the new CBA and the Madson & Marshall acquisitions. This list will likely look incredibly different two years from now, and not just due to player movement/graduation. I can't wait for the new infusion of talent.
    Go BLUE!!!

A lot of how the system looks depends on how Stephenson does, how Amir Garrett plays out, and how well the power hitting young players like Duran, Rodriguez and Soto develop.

If Stephenson pitches well and Amir Garrett even touches the raw ability attributed to him then the Reds suddenly have three strong prospects in Corcino, Stephenson and Garrett.

The Reds need one of the power hitters to step up and claim 1st base if Joey leaves, and then there is the influx of draft picks the next two years. Things could look very bright by 2014. Add to that if Aroldis does succeed in his role as a starter I'd suspect that's about the time he really steps in as a major factor. Plus Billy Hamilton will either be a postscript in commentaries or the top man in the farm system by then (barring one of the new 1st round draftees outshining him).

Could be very exciting couple of years for the big club and the farm system if a few things break right.

Turn Off Ads?