Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Bats Look Totally Different

Re: 2012 Bats Look Totally Different

Quote Originally Posted by jmt5887 View Post
    Thanks. I knew that. I wanted to suggest adding him to the list of Bats for the roster. Fisher to the pen.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    -The Insider-

Fisher is out of options so there is a good chance he would get claimed if taken off the 40.

And Puckett played mostly outfield in the final month of the season with the infield clogged up.

Will Mattair be in Louisville?
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

No offense to the Bats fans, but we have a long history with them and they have been loaded the last few years.

This year I don't mind if they get short changed a little while we stack the deck at AA. I want to keep Pensacola happy.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    No offense to the Bats fans, but we have a long history with them and they have been loaded the last few years.

This year I don't mind if they get short changed a little while we stack the deck at AA. I want to keep Pensacola happy.

Who'd be offended? That's life as the fan of a minor league team... Good for a few years then not-so-good for a few. I do think that just based on the guys that were moved and maybe a few AA guys who don't appear ready to move up the Reds should and probably will sign a couple of guys to bolster the roster at Louisville.

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    Will Mattair be in Louisville?
    Answered my own question - MiLB has Travis Mattair listed with the Bats, so he's an Add to the list.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

I'll be interested to see who ends up with the bats living right across the river i have a feeling hamilton, soto, and the cuban outfielder who's name escapes me will be there by the end of the year but beyond that no idea

No chance Hamilton ends up there. He'll go to High A Baskersfield. Soto should be, but they need to send Perez back to AA. He couldn't even hack it there.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Does anyone think the Reds will keep Sappelt at the ML level, especially if they acquire a LFer? Or does he get optioned back?
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

-The Insider-

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Does anyone think the Reds will keep Sappelt at the ML level, especially if they acquire a LFer? Or does he get optioned back?
    It honestly could go either way. He could end up being the everyday left fielder or he could back up Heisey (or an acquisition.) Then again he could be optioned back to get regular at-bats for Louisville. I say the former is more likely than the latter though.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I think the guy to watch will be Soto. He will be the guy that I think should be the most important follow unless Chapman winds up there.
    Yep. I had Soto pegged as the breakout minor leaguer for 2011 and he didn't disappoint. I think he'll be even better in 2012. .290 BA and another 30+ HR season. if that OBP can get and stay north of .340, then he'l finish the season as a Reds top 5 prospect.

Not including the Mexican or Japan leagues, Soto was 11th in HR's. Take out the AAAA types like LaHair and Jai Miller and Jorge Vasquez (The Mexican League may have cost him millions) that puts him at 8th. He did this in fewer PA's than every other player on the list, in fact he had fewr PA's than most players had AB's of the guys that hit 30+.

unreal power.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    Likely to be in Louisville:

Luis Atilano
    Andrew Brackman
    Scott Carroll
    Nick Christiani
    Sean Gallagher
    Jeremy Horst
    Brandon Hynick
    Matt Klinker
    Kyle McCulloch?
    Chad Reinke
    Jordan Smith
    Travis Webb
    Kanekoa Texeira
    Travis Wood?

Corky Miller

Jose Castro
    Mike Costanzo
    Kris Negron
    Neftali Soto
    Chris Valaika

Danny Dorn
    Daryl Jones?
    Felix Perez
    Denis Phipps
    Cody Puckett
    Bill Rhinehart?
    * I would have liked to see them keep Eric Campbell. Not crying coz he's gone, but he could have been another bridge to the nextgen prospects. Wonder if Danny Dorn makes the show if they need a lefty bench bat at some point.

* If Didi Gregorious isn't a Bat to start the season, he could well be shortly there after. I would have said the same thing for HRod if not for the late-season injury and subsequent surgery. How is Negron still holding a 40-man slot?

* There will be at least one 4A catcher signed before ST.

If Reinhardt is stiill with the organization then I would certainly expect him with the Bats - they could use the pop, but I never saw if he was a MiL FA or not.
    Last edited by corkedbat; 12-23-2011 at 11:49 PM.

-The Insider-

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    * I would have liked to see them keep Eric Campbell. Not crying coz he's gone, but he could have been another bridge to the nextgen prospects. Wonder if Danny Dorn makes the show if they need a lefty bench bat at some point.

* If Didi Gregorious isn't a Bat to start the season, he could well be shortly there after. I would have said the same thing for HRod if not for the late-season injury and subsequent surgery. How is Negron still holding a 40-man slot?

* There will be at least one 4A catcher signed before ST.

If Reinhardt is stiill with the organization then I would certainly expect him with the Bats - they could use the pop, but I never saw if he was a MiL FA or not.

Rhinehart is not a free agent. The question marks meant that they could be back at Double-A, not questioning if they were still in the organization still. And they signed a catcher in Brian Esposito.

Landon Powell has been DFA'd by Oakland. Would make a decent compliment to Corky Miller in Louisville.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/8421

Switch hitter. Could even be a passable sub for a short DL stint by one of the Reds regular backstops if it came down to that.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Subtraction: Rick Sweet
    Addition: David Bell
    Where did Rick Sweet go again? Thanks

Turn Off Ads?