Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2012 Bats Look Totally Different

Re: 2012 Bats Look Totally Different

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    He retired in June. And no reason to send Castro back to Double-A. He'll be in Louisville.
    I think the reason is to get a look at Rojas in AAA. At some point, I think you'll see the switch with Negron the utility guy and Rojas at SS every day. Rojas has the best glove of all these MI guys. If Cozart goes down, he just may be the guy they want up there making the plays every day if Gregorious isn't ready yet. Of course, emegency glove who can handle SS is a job description practically made for Paul Janish, so maybe he's all they need, but Rojas might fit that bill as well. Castro pobably never plays in the big leagues.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    -The Insider-

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I think the reason is to get a look at Rojas in AAA. At some point, I think you'll see the switch with Negron the utility guy and Rojas at SS every day. Rojas has the best glove of all these MI guys. If Cozart goes down, he just may be the guy they want up there making the plays every day if Gregorious isn't ready yet. Of course, emegency glove who can handle SS is a job description practically made for Paul Janish, so maybe he's all they need, but Rojas might fit that bill as well. Castro pobably never plays in the big leagues.
    That is what most people believe. However, I would argue as I saw Castro make some amazing plays this past season. Castro finally hit last year and showed some amazing defense. Sending him to Pensacola in 2012 would just be a slap in the face and pointless. Rojas, while he has played good defense as well, was injured for much of 2011 and really didn't hit (as he's never had a good bat.) However, he has only played 75 games above High-A. I think he could go back and play all over the infield while Gregorious, Hernandez, and Greene start. He will, however, get a call up to Louisville if an injury presents itself.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Don't you think Puckett will start the season in Louisville?

-The Insider-

If I had to guess, I would say yes. However, I wouldn't be shocked if he didn't. Him playing left and some third could make him a big utility guy in Louisville.

My concern when looking over the AAA roster is in the event of a MLB injury this is the team we pull from. So if Votto goes down we play Soto everyday? Phillips gets hurt we go to Valaika? Phipps if an OF goes down to injury? Corky Miller or whoever the heck Esposito is if we lose Mes or Hanigan? Likely Miguel Cairo/Janish would be the starter just about anywhere in the IF - both are not counted on for offense. Who's our 4th/5th outfielders on the big club?

I feel we have very little experience at AAA now; and questionable depth on the big league team. Am I wrong?

-The Insider-

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    My concern when looking over the AAA roster is in the event of a MLB injury this is the team we pull from. So if Votto goes down we play Soto everyday? Phillips gets hurt we go to Valaika? Phipps if an OF goes down to injury? Corky Miller or whoever the heck Esposito is if we lose Mes or Hanigan? Likely Miguel Cairo/Janish would be the starter just about anywhere in the IF - both are not counted on for offense. Who's our 4th/5th outfielders on the big club?

I feel we have very little experience at AAA now; and questionable depth on the big league team. Am I wrong?
    Very true. They could very well sign some guys who have big league time for depth incase of an injury.

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    Very true. They could very well sign some guys who have big league time for depth incase of an injury.
    Yes, I'm sure they will sign depth guys.

Browsing this thread, I don't see Todd Frazier's name. I think he will be at Louisville this year, with a number of injury replacement call ups.

Turn Off Ads?