Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Philadelphia Sportswriter Bill Conlin

Philadelphia Sportswriter Bill Conlin

This guy used to be on ESPN SportsReporters all the time. Does anyone know why he's not on anymore?

Well, I'd forgotten about him until I read this story:
    Hall of Fame sportswriter Bill Conlin has retired from his position with the Philadelphia Daily News following allegations of child molestation, according to The Philadelphia Inquirer.

An investigative story detailing the allegations against Conlin was published Tuesday afternoon by The Inquirer. In it, three women and a man say Conlin molested them when they were children.

Read more: http://aol.sportingnews.com/mlb/stor...#ixzz1hCjY6j00
    Anyone know anything more about or the guy? Frankly I'm surprised he's still alive as he always looked like a heart attack waiting to happen

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Philadelphia Sportswriter Bill Conlin

I always remember two things about Conlin:

1) That he left Nolan Ryan off his HOF ballot.

2) That on "The Sports Reporters," he always rested his coffee cup on his stomach, because there was no way he was going to be able to bend over and reach it if it was on the table.

I hope the molestation charges don't become the third thing I have to remember about him.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Re: Philadelphia Sportswriter Bill Conlin

Crazy story:

http://deadspin.com/5870204/a-conver...estation-story

Some foul language in that link.

Turn Off Ads?