Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Hobbit.

The Hobbit.

This. Is. Awesome.

http://youtu.be/G0k3kHtyoqc

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The Hobbit.

Watched it earlier today and part of me actually wishes I didn't watch it because now it's going to be quite a long year waiting for this movie to come out. It simply looks amazing. Of course, it may actually inspire me to sit down and watch the LOTR trilogy again at some point this winter over the course of a couple days.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Yes, it is scheduled to be released on 14 December 2012.

Going to be amazing.

Yes, it is scheduled to be released on 14 December 2012.
    You would think that with all the work they put into the movie that they would like it to run for longer than one week.

There are two parts, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and The Hobbit: There and Back Again. The second part will be released on December 13, 2013

I don't know... I LOVE the LOTR movies, but The Hobbit is shorter than any of the LOTR books. Why are they stretching it out? How is it going to work? I'd say we should trust Peter Jackson, but King Kong and The Lovely Bones were both just awful, and to be honest I have issues with large parts of Return of the King (especially the ending, or multiple endings I should say).

That said, it was awesome to see them all again. And Martin Freeman is PERFECT, just perfect. I hope it is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    Watched it earlier today and part of me actually wishes I didn't watch it because now it's going to be quite a long year waiting for this movie to come out. It simply looks amazing. Of course, it may actually inspire me to sit down and watch the LOTR trilogy again at some point this winter over the course of a couple days.
    I'm sure you know this, but just to be sure, make sure you watch the extended editions. God they are so awesome.

Hate to say it but this movie bored me me to death the first three times I saw it.

Nice cinematography though.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone792 View Post
    Couple of days? Why not just watch them straight thru ya wuss

Actually, 3 winters ago, my wife was stuck home on a weekend stuck on a coach due to some minor pregnancy complications. Too top it off, once we got back from the ER mid morning, it started snowing about and dropped a good 6+ inches on us. Stuck to the coach all day, we noticed LOTR was running on TNT or TBS or something along those lines, commercials included. Having no where to go, no kid yet we ended up watching all 3 in a row. Didn't really plan to, just kind of happened.

awesome

I never read the books. I know The Hobbit is a prequel but what is it about? Is it as dark as LOTR?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    I never read the books. I know The Hobbit is a prequel but what is it about? Is it as dark as LOTR?
    No, not at all. It is fine for children. Has a whole other tone.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    Hate to say it but this movie bored me me to death the first three times I saw it.

Nice cinematography though.
    Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by top6 View Post
    I'd say we should trust Peter Jackson, but King Kong and The Lovely Bones were both just awful, and to be honest I have issues with large parts of Return of the King (especially the ending, or multiple endings I should say).
    I thought King Kong was decent enough. Agreed on Return of the King though. I thought it was by far the weakest of the trilogy--of course it's the one to win all the Academy Awards haha...

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Huh?

I thought King Kong was decent enough. Agreed on Return of the King though. I thought it was by far the weakest of the trilogy--of course it's the one to win all the Academy Awards haha...
    I always thought Two Towers was the weakest of the series.

Turn Off Ads?