Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Reds 2012 Lineup

Reds 2012 Lineup

1.David Sappelt: I think he got the shaft because he wasn't killing the majors out of the gate. Guess what, not every hitter does. I think he can thrive in the leadoff spot
    2.Brandon Phillips: Duh
    3.Joey Votto: Double Duh
    4.Scott Rolen/Juan Francisco: I suspect a platoon here more than people expect and a better Francisco than people think
    5.Jay Bruce: Nice spot for him
    6.Drew Stubbs: Best spot for Stubbs
    7.Mes: Can't wait to see him fresh.
    8.Zack Cozart: Alot of energy

I keep on hearing we need this extra bat. I frankly don't see it as a dire need. Plenty of talent and potential. If the pitching is as good as we hope(especially if they sign Madson), I think any extra bat for the title will come in July.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds 2012 Lineup

Quote Originally Posted by The Rage View Post
    1.David Sappelt: I think he got the shaft because he wasn't killing the majors out of the gate. Guess what, not every hitter does. I think he can thrive in the leadoff spot
    2.Brandon Phillips: Duh
    3.Joey Votto: Double Duh
    4.Scott Rolen/Juan Francisco: I suspect a platoon here more than people expect and a better Francisco than people think
    5.Jay Bruce: Nice spot for him
    6.Drew Stubbs: Best spot for Stubbs
    7.Mes: Can't wait to see him fresh.
    8.Zack Cozart: Alot of energy

I keep on hearing we need this extra bat. I frankly don't see it as a dire need. Plenty of talent and potential. If the pitching is as good as we hope(especially if they sign Madson), I think any extra bat for the title will come in July.
    I'm one of the proponents of needing another bat. The gap in this lineup is at cleanup. If the game is on the line, and Joey Votto is up with Scott Rolen on deck are you even going to consider pitching to Votto? Assume its Rolen from 2 years ago (which it probably won't be) wouldn't you still pitch around Votto without even thinking twice? I'm okay with everyone else, but they need a legitimate LF power bat to protect Votto in my opinion. I doubt Sappelt will be hitting leadoff or even starting either, I wasn't really that impressed with him from what I saw.

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    I'm one of the proponents of needing another bat. The gap in this lineup is at cleanup. If the game is on the line, and Joey Votto is up with Scott Rolen on deck are you even going to consider pitching to Votto? Assume its Rolen from 2 years ago (which it probably won't be) wouldn't you still pitch around Votto without even thinking twice? I'm okay with everyone else, but they need a legitimate LF power bat to protect Votto in my opinion. I doubt Sappelt will be hitting leadoff or even starting either, I wasn't really that impressed with him from what I saw.
    Yeah, this Team need a Right Handed Power Hitter that Plays LF or SS...

I was kinda hoping Hanley Ramirez would DEMAND that Trade and the Reds could land him... to hit 4th and Play SS

IF, and it is a big IF, our season starts with the players we have today, my lineup would be:
    Phillips 4
    Cozart 6
    Votto 3
    Heisey 7
    Bruce 9
    Rolen/Francisco 5
    Hanigan/Mesoraco 2
    Sappelt/Stubbs 8
    Pitcher 1
    This lineup WILL produce a lot of K's. But with no one else to choose from, what do you do? We definitely need a couple of hitters that do not K a lot to stick in the lineup. The players we have ALL K too much!

Turn Off Ads?