Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Trade Targets

Trade Targets

With all of the talk about obtaining a left fielder, I decided to look at who might be available in a trade. The name that really stuck out was Gerardo Parra with the Diamondbacks. He would seem to be expendable since they just signed Cuddyer. I don't know much about him, but his numbers look good, .292/.357/.427 with 82 k's and he won a GG this past season. He's only 24 and isn't up for FA until 2016. What does everyone think? What would it to get him?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Trade Targets

Quote Originally Posted by brad1176 View Post
    With all of the talk about obtaining a left fielder, I decided to look at who might be available in a trade. The name that really stuck out was Gerardo Parra with the Diamondbacks. He would seem to be expendable since they just signed Cuddyer. I don't know much about him, but his numbers look good, .292/.357/.427 with 82 k's and he won a GG this past season. He's only 24 and isn't up for FA until 2016. What does everyone think? What would it to get him?
    I hate to tell you but you are a little mistaken. the D-backs didn't sign Cuddyer the rockies did.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...t7O_story.html

what that said at the right price I would say okay to Parra.

Quote Originally Posted by jmt5887 View Post
    I hate to tell you but you are a little mistaken. the D-backs didn't sign Cuddyer the rockies did.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports...t7O_story.html

what that said at the right price I would say okay to Parra.
    Oops, I meant Kubel, sorry.

The Diamondbacks may not have acquired Cuddyer, but they did acquire Jason Kubel, and so Parra is essentially expendable. I think he's definitely worth a look: He's shown more patience as he's gotten more major league experience, he plays good defense (22.5UZR for his career), and he seems to be a smart base runner (15SB, 1CS last year).

As for what it would take to trade for him, I found one article saying the D-backs might be interested in trading Parra for pitching. The article mentions Jonathon Niese as someone Arizona would like in return, but for the Reds, someone like Matt Maloney might be enough to build a package around. He hasn't had as much ML success as Niese, but his minor league stats are pretty comparable, and he's a bit younger than Niese as well.

Quote Originally Posted by LegallyMinded View Post
    The Diamondbacks may not have acquired Cuddyer, but they did acquire Jason Kubel, and so Parra is essentially expendable. I think he's definitely worth a look: He's shown more patience as he's gotten more major league experience, he plays good defense (22.5UZR for his career), and he seems to be a smart base runner (15SB, 1CS last year).

As for what it would take to trade for him, I found one article saying the D-backs might be interested in trading Parra for pitching. The article mentions Jonathon Niese as someone Arizona would like in return, but for the Reds, someone like Matt Maloney might be enough to build a package around. He hasn't had as much ML success as Niese, but his minor league stats are pretty comparable, and he's a bit younger than Niese as well.
    Can't trade something you don't have. Maloney was claimed off waviers by the twins.

http://www.mlbdailydish.com/2011/10/...aimed-by-twins

Wasn't Maloney signed by the Twins?

Might they be interested in Sean Marshall?

Quote Originally Posted by LegallyMinded View Post

If it's pitching they want, who do you think we have that might match up for them? I'm going to assume that it would take a decent haul to get this guy, he's under team control until 2016 and he puts up good numbers.

Turn Off Ads?