Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Neftali Soto

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lewisburg
    Posts
    179

    Neftali Soto

    I wonder if the reds have thought about throwing him in LF To see vif he could man that position well. with his power and batting RH it makes perfect since if he could play out there. The reds could go out and get Quinton for this year and he should be ready by next year or in september.

    why is BP batting 4th

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    The rest is drama. marcshoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    In the woods, with a shovel
    Posts
    5,240

    Re: Neftali Soto

    Hey, the rate things are going he could bs the team's top prospect within a week!

  4. #3
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lebanon
    Posts
    7,067

    Re: Neftali Soto

    If he tears it up out of the gate, and our LFer struggles (like Gomes did), they might bring him up after we fall out of contention because they waited too long, like they did with Cozart, and by keeping Gomes in LF. That's about what I picture out of management.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

    "Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    47

    Re: Neftali Soto

    Quote Originally Posted by joe51391 View Post
    I wonder if the reds have thought about throwing him in LF To see vif he could man that position well. with his power and batting RH it makes perfect since if he could play out there. The reds could go out and get Quinton for this year and he should be ready by next year or in september.
    The Reds have a long history ot trying to turn firstbasemen into outfielders. Lee May, Dan Driessen, then Yonder, and now Francisco and Soto. For the most part it hasn't worked out so well. Lets let Soto master first and prepare to replace Votto.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Bedford, KY
    Posts
    8,992

    Re: Neftali Soto

    Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    If he tears it up out of the gate, and our LFer struggles (like Gomes did), they might bring him up after we fall out of contention because they waited too long, like they did with Cozart, and by keeping Gomes in LF. That's about what I picture out of management.
    That same management that won Executive of the Year two years ago and just dealt for the best starter and reliever on the market?

    That management?
    "You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
    -- Christy Matthewson
    "Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot."
    -- Leo Durocher

  7. #6
    Member 11larkin11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Bellefontaine,OH
    Posts
    2,333

    Re: Neftali Soto

    Quote Originally Posted by tixe View Post
    Hey, the rate things are going he could bs the team's top prospect within a week!
    If THIS rate keeps up, Devin Lohman will be our top prospect in a week!
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

    ---TRF

    "I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

    --Bronson Arroyo

  8. #7
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lebanon
    Posts
    7,067

    Re: Neftali Soto

    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    That same management that won Executive of the Year two years ago and just dealt for the best starter and reliever on the market?

    That management?
    No, management that stupidly kept Gomes around for his bobblehead night and wouldn't bring up Cozart, even though 99% of the fans were smart enough to see that these two moves needed to be made.

    The management team that signed Arroyo to a 3 year deal for $12M per season. Coulda had Kuroda for that much this year.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

    "Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

  9. #8
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,937

    Re: Neftali Soto

    Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post

    The management team that signed Arroyo to a 3 year deal for $12M per season. Coulda had Kuroda for that much this year.
    No you couldn't. Kuroda said he was only signing with a team on the West Coast, Yankees or Red Sox or he would go back to Japan.

  10. #9
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Lebanon
    Posts
    7,067

    Re: Neftali Soto

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    No you couldn't. Kuroda said he was only signing with a team on the West Coast, Yankees or Red Sox or he would go back to Japan.
    Not according to mlbtraderumors.com. They said plain as day that Kuroda is seeking a $12-$13M dollar one year contract (because he's 37) with ANY team now. He has lifted his requirement of playing only on the west coast.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

    "Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    10,084

    Re: Neftali Soto

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    No you couldn't. Kuroda said he was only signing with a team on the West Coast, Yankees or Red Sox or he would go back to Japan.
    That's not accurate
    Go BLUE!!!

  12. #11
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,937

    Re: Neftali Soto

    Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    That's not accurate
    It was until a few days ago. I just missed his update on the subject.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25