Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Neftali Soto

Neftali Soto

I wonder if the reds have thought about throwing him in LF To see vif he could man that position well. with his power and batting RH it makes perfect since if he could play out there. The reds could go out and get Quinton for this year and he should be ready by next year or in september.

Let the kids play!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Neftali Soto

Hey, the rate things are going he could bs the team's top prospect within a week!

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

If he tears it up out of the gate, and our LFer struggles (like Gomes did), they might bring him up after we fall out of contention because they waited too long, like they did with Cozart, and by keeping Gomes in LF. That's about what I picture out of management.

Quote Originally Posted by joe51391 View Post
    I wonder if the reds have thought about throwing him in LF To see vif he could man that position well. with his power and batting RH it makes perfect since if he could play out there. The reds could go out and get Quinton for this year and he should be ready by next year or in september.
    The Reds have a long history ot trying to turn firstbasemen into outfielders. Lee May, Dan Driessen, then Yonder, and now Francisco and Soto. For the most part it hasn't worked out so well. Lets let Soto master first and prepare to replace Votto.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    If he tears it up out of the gate, and our LFer struggles (like Gomes did), they might bring him up after we fall out of contention because they waited too long, like they did with Cozart, and by keeping Gomes in LF. That's about what I picture out of management.
    That same management that won Executive of the Year two years ago and just dealt for the best starter and reliever on the market?

That management?

Quote Originally Posted by tixe View Post
    Hey, the rate things are going he could bs the team's top prospect within a week!
    If THIS rate keeps up, Devin Lohman will be our top prospect in a week!
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    That same management that won Executive of the Year two years ago and just dealt for the best starter and reliever on the market?

That management?
    No, management that stupidly kept Gomes around for his bobblehead night and wouldn't bring up Cozart, even though 99% of the fans were smart enough to see that these two moves needed to be made.

The management team that signed Arroyo to a 3 year deal for $12M per season. Coulda had Kuroda for that much this year.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post

The management team that signed Arroyo to a 3 year deal for $12M per season. Coulda had Kuroda for that much this year.
    No you couldn't. Kuroda said he was only signing with a team on the West Coast, Yankees or Red Sox or he would go back to Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    No you couldn't. Kuroda said he was only signing with a team on the West Coast, Yankees or Red Sox or he would go back to Japan.
    Not according to mlbtraderumors.com. They said plain as day that Kuroda is seeking a $12-$13M dollar one year contract (because he's 37) with ANY team now. He has lifted his requirement of playing only on the west coast.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    That's not accurate
    Go BLUE!!!

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    That's not accurate
    It was until a few days ago. I just missed his update on the subject.

Turn Off Ads?