Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Christmas gifts - What did you get?

Re: Christmas gifts - What did you get?

I got a Kindle Fire, new computer mouse, Skyrim, new Bible, several t-shirts, and a couple pairs of sleeping pants.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    the most powerful handgun in the world
    Thompson Centerfire .60 Cal?
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Got some solid gifts this year.

A new blender, some Amazon cash, C.O.D MW3 (PS3), Dead Island (PS3), a nice leather carrying case for my laptop and a sweet Grey fitted Reds cap with black C and bill. Got a whole bunch of other misc. But those are the main things.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    I got a Kindle Fire, new computer mouse, Skyrim, new Bible, several t-shirts, and a couple pairs of sleeping pants.

That made my Christmas when I bought it for myself when it came out.

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    Thompson Centerfire .60 Cal?
    nah, only Clint Eastwood's version
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    I got a Kindle Fire,

Learn to sideload apps to that thing. It makes it so much better when you can use most of the Android Market apps instead of just the Amazon.com apps. For example, I sideloaded the Time Warner Cable app and can control my DVR from anywhere. That isn't available in the Amazon marketplace. I also sideloaded Google Maps, Wordpress (to use with my website) and several other apps. The apps that I sideloaded are the ones I use the most. Not all apps work (no Skype yet, but I am waiting.... if you have a set of headphones that also has a mic built on, that does work, but skype doesn't acknowledge it at this point so when you try to make a call it hangs up since it doesn't detect the mic since it isn't built in), but a lot of them do (The Kindle Fire is based on Android 2.3, so as long as the app works for 2.3, it should work for the Fire assuming it doesn't require a mic or webcam).

-The Insider-

I had a pretty good Christmas. I got a handful of Blu Rays (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Pt.2, Friends with Benefits, Batman Begins, Bad Teacher, the original Star Wars trilogy, and Hangover Pt. II) I also got two video games (Uncharted 3 and Call of Duty 3 ((Rijo, get at me))

And I also recieved a few button downs, two NC State t-shirts, a new Miami Marlins and Indians jacket, khaki pants, Moneyball, and my favorite cologne.(This: http://www.fragrancex.com/images/pro...big/60515M.jpg) So I am a very happy camper.
    Last edited by cinreds21; 12-30-2011 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    I had a pretty good Christmas. I got a handful of Blu Rays (Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Pt.2, Friends with Benefits, Batman Begins, Bad Teacher, the original Star Wars trilogy, and Hangover Pt. II) I also got two video games (Uncharted 3 and Call of Duty 3 ((Rijo, get at me))

And I also recieved a few button downs, two NC State t-shirts, a new Miami Marlins and Indians jacket, khaki pants, Moneyball, and my favorite cologne.(This: http://www.fragrancex.com/images/pro...big/60515M.jpg) So I am a very happy camper.
    Been away from the house the past week pretty regularly so I haven't even had time to crack it open but as soon as I do (crossing my fingers for today) I will. Assuming I can keep away from Skyrim long enough to play it. Not sure if I have your gamer tag/name already or not.

--Woody Hayes

An Honorable Order of Kentucky Colonels [of which I became one this year] flask, some new clothes, new hunting gear, wonderful time with family.

My wife and I got each other a trip to Chicago for the Blackhawks vs Redwings game as well which was fantastic.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

I looked at a Kindle Fire for my son, ended up getting him an Arnova 7 G2, for about $80 less. I've already got the standard Google market, GMail and Google talk to work on it. I'll probably get the Arnova 10 G2 for myself in the coming months. I have no idea why these shipped with Gingerbread instead of honeycomb, the tech specs on the 10 G2 match the IPad 2 for processing power. the 7 G2 is sooooo smoooooth. I tried to root it with Superoneclick, which says it did it, but it really didn't so i may do that manually.

Oh, and i got a blanket, gloves and Firefly.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Turn Off Ads?