Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Christmas gifts - What did you get?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Christmas gifts - What did you get?

So guys and gals, how did you do on gifts? Get anything exciting?

I wound up getting a Kindle Fire a few days ago from a friend. I have been playing around with it ever since. Once I figured out how to sideload regular Android Market apps on it, it was totally awesome.

I got an MLB hat for nearly every team in baseball from my brother (who won the entire MLB set on the radio a few months ago, but only wears like 3 and gave me the rest). He also got me a Joey Votto McFarlane figure and a Sheldon Cooper Bobblehead (The Big Bang Theory).

Wound up with some clothes from my parents, which is awesome because it means I don't have to buy them now.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Christmas gifts - What did you get?

My wife and I don't exchange gifts at Christmas. It's always been more for the kids (two who are now adults). I got tired of buying my wife gifts and having her return them. LOL

We'll be going over to Columbus today with the kids (it's an annual thingy), to eat out, shop for those after-Christmas deals, and let the kids spend the Christmas money they got from grandparents. And if my wife and I see something we want, then we treat ourselves.

I did, this year, get my wife something I though she would like. I got her a gift certificate to a spa/salon on the recommendation of several friends..... http://www.charlespenzone.com/

Yesterday she kinda scolded me, and told me it's waste of money, and she wishes I would have checked with her first. When am I ever going to learn? LOL
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

A six-pack of Great Lakes Christmas Ale, a box of K-cups Dark Magic coffee, and a jar of OSU Tailgate mustard (all from my kids).

A box of fat wood kindling, a liter of Woodford Reserve bourbon, Stephen King's 11/22/63, and some walking gear (from my wife, she and I have agree to keep what we spend on each other under $100).
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

My wife got me an iPad 2. I was up until 3 in the morning toying with it.

What an incredible piece of technology.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post

I got one a few months ago as a gift from my employer, I didn't think I would use it much. I was wrong, it's replaced my laptop as my primary device. The battery life is amazing.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reds4Life View Post
    I got one a few months ago as a gift from my employer, I didn't think I would use it much. I was wrong, it's replaced my laptop as my primary device. The battery life is amazing.
    She got it used from a guy desperate to rid himself. Offered him 50% of his asking price and he eventually wore down.

I can't put it down. The screen resolution, the design...man, what a product.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post

They really are awesome. Too costly for me, but if someone decided to give me one, I would use it, though I would have to cover up that silly apple logo on it. These tablets today are faster and more powerful than computers I had just a few years ago, it really is crazy.

Like GAC my wife and I don't exchange gifts any more. We spent our money on my sister's children; we love to buy things for them since we don't have kids of our own. As for new toys for myself, I used a gift of cash to buy an Amazon Kindle. I've always wanted one but never took the plunge. At $79 I couldn't resist and I absolutely love it.

I received 11/22/63 by Stephen King. I also got a gift certificates to a local comedy club and one to Cheddars. I received a variety twelve-pack of Boulevard Wheat. I was also given a towel rack to put up in the guest bathroom.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    A six-pack of Great Lakes Christmas Ale, a box of K-cups Dark Magic coffee, and a jar of OSU Tailgate mustard (all from my kids).

A box of fat wood kindling, a liter of Woodford Reserve bourbon, Stephen King's 11/22/63, and some walking gear (from my wife, she and I have agree to keep what we spend on each other under $100).
    Quality.

As for me, the missus and I agreed not to exchange anything beyond stocking stuffers, since we'd splurged on a few things during the year. Officially, my Weber smoker was my Christmas present, but I've had it since early June.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

My sister gave me a bobble head of myself lol and my parents got me a M&N 1976 joe Morgan jersey.
    Just a dude who loves the reds, and some new sneakers.

A sweater that actually fits and an invite to a major Christmas Day Italian feast. (Waddle, waddle, waddle)

"A Rose by Any Other. . " RedRoser's Avatar

Came home from my Christmas present on Christmas Eve---an eight day, seven night family cruise to the Bahamas and the Virgin Islands aboard the Carnival Dream. Heavenly
    It was mine and my wife's present to ourselves and to our 2 daughters.

Kindle Fire, some pics for the somewhat barren walls of the new house, tix to see Lampanelli at The Borgata, clothes, etc. But now with 3 little ones, it's all about the kids.

A pretty nice watch from my gf. A new bedding set, wallet, cologne gift set, and socks from my Mom. A bottle of bourbon from my Step Dad. And my Dad sent me a gift card and a laptop bag (which I desperately needed). Couldn't have done a better job picking out the stuff myself.

Turn Off Ads?