Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 67 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Incredible ugliness at Penn State

Incredible ugliness at Penn State

Penn State’s insufficient action amid child sex allegations stunning

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...ex_case_110511

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Incredible ugliness at Penn State

Always tell the truth, tell it first, tell it all.....

Paterno and Tressel must have missed that training class.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Yeah, this is really sad and difficult to believe happened at a place like Penn State. I remember Sandusky well as he was given much of the credit for the success in the Paterno era. I remember a spotlight on him ESPN did years ago. I was shocked to hear these allegations. The hammer should come down hard on anyone who knew something and didn't come forward right away. There's absolutely no excuse for that.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Amazing.

And Wetzel draws the proper conclusion... No one should be held blameless in this mess.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

This is sickening on so many levels.

If this all turns out to be 100% true, Paterno needs to lose his job. Yesterday. And he can take those so-called university leaders with him.

My only question in this is - why didn't the graduate assistant go to the police himself when he realized Paterno and the rest were doing nothing about it?
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Eddie Robinson should get his record back.

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    This is sickening on so many levels.

If this all turns out to be 100% true, Paterno needs to lose his job. Yesterday. And he can take those so-called university leaders with him.

My only question in this is - why didn't the graduate assistant go to the police himself when he realized Paterno and the rest were doing nothing about it?
    Have you ever lived in a college town? Let alone, a college town as big as Penn State?

The Penn State AD and VP have re-signed due this scandal. Terribly despicable situation at Penn State. Joe Paterno may have been legally right but IMO he didn't do what was morally right. He should have been following to make sure at the least a thourough investigation was been done into these allegations. Paterno holds great power at PSU and could have put the pressure on the get things done.

http://www.wtop.com/?nid=849&sid=2621390
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    Have you ever lived in a college town? Let alone, a college town as big as Penn State?
    I'm a grad student at the University of Kentucky at this very moment actually, so yea. Maybe not as big as Penn State, but I'd say Lexington qualifies as a "college town".

I like to believe that if I saw someone being raped with my own eyes I would go to the police about it, if I knew university officials were basically covering it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

As sad as it would be to see such an amazing career end on such a note, Joe Paterno needs to either resign or be fired.

The fact that HE didn't go to the police after being told of what happened is sickening.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    As sad as it would be to see such an amazing career end on such a note, Joe Paterno needs to either resign or be fired.

The fact that HE didn't go to the police after being told of what happened is sickening.

Exactly
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

I think everyone knew coaching legends like Bob Knight and Woody Hayes would probally go out with some kind of controversy, but no one thought the same of Paterno.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

It's unfortunate that Paterno went to the AD and not the police with this and it's too bad that it seems nobody stepped up and "did the right thing". I'm really not sure what else to say about this at this point.

And, let's not overlook the fact that Paterno KNEW that Mr. Sandusky was continuing to hold an office and retain FULL USE of the facilities. He HAD to have know it would happen again and again.

Not only does Paterno need to go, so does the coach who first reported the incident.

'I told my boss' is no defense for not calling the police when you see a child being raped.
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?