Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Any EPL fans here?

Re: Any EPL fans here?

What a day it was.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?

I was on the road and had my wife check the scores on her phone. It said, QPR 2 - City 1 90+1 and ManU 1 - Sunderland 0 90+2. Then I got to the restaurant and saw the bottom line on a TV at the bar. I couldn't speak. Simply astounding.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Big Arsenal fan here, eondering if any other RZ Faithful follow the beautiful game overseas

Just saw this. I am also a big Arsenal fan, going back to 1997. There were several years I did not get to watch them though. I got back on board when Directv added Fox Soccer and Goltv in 2009.

The Aresnal fans posting here must tour The Emirates (and Arsenal Museum) next time they are in London. A simply fabulous facility.

I've not made it London the first time yet. If I ever do (and that's doubtful due to the expense) I will definitely visit both places.

And RVP announces he wont renew Arsenal Contract.

Sigh

www.arseblog.com hits the nail on teh head.

Screw RVP

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    And RVP announces he wont renew Arsenal Contract.

Sigh
    It is pretty frustrating because I really like the other signings so far this offseason. Arsenal does a good job at running the club in a fiscally responsible way, but the fact is they still finished 18 points behind City and Man U this year.

At this point you have to sell him off and try and get somebody new. I really hope somebody has been on the phone with Clint Dempsey.

I doubt Arsenal is going to miss RVP all that much. Wenger's system nets goals. Leading scorers will come and go, but rest assured Arsenal will have someone (or multiple someones) putting the ball in the net.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I doubt Arsenal is going to miss RVP all that much. Wenger's system nets goals. Leading scorers will come and go, but rest assured Arsenal will have someone (or multiple someones) putting the ball in the net.
    I like Arsenal's style of play but now they are going to rely on podolski, walcott and Gervinho for goals. None of those guys are locks to score 15 or more goals next year. In fact, if Walcott scores 15 that is probably the most he has ever scored in a year. That is a mid-table strike force, at best.
    VP wants to leverage his best year. So should Arsenal and only sell if to a top team if they get top dollar. If they don't get market value, park him on the bench until the winter transfer season.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    The system will help, but RVP is an elite player and none of ther replacements have shown they can produce at that level. Arsenal can still be competitive, but there will be some type of drop off and they aren't a top of the table team.

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    I like Arsenal's style of play but now they are going to rely on podolski, walcott and Gervinho for goals. None of those guys are locks to score 15 or more goals next year. In fact, if Walcott scores 15 that is probably the most he has ever scored in a year. That is a mid-table strike force, at best.
    VP wants to leverage his best year. So should Arsenal and only sell if to a top team if they get top dollar. If they don't get market value, park him on the bench until the winter transfer season.
    I agree about making someone pay out the nose, but Wenger will get goals out of those guys or an import. Supposedly Van Persie was risky when Adebayor left. And no way was Adebayor going to replace Thierry Henry.

And when Henry arrived he was a low-scoring winger. Back in 1999 Nicolas Anelka and Ian Wright were gone and Dennis Bergkamp was getting older. Where were the goals going to come from? The answer was Henry and Kanu (who had just spent three years doing nothing at Inter).

So where will they come from now if RVP moves on? Olivier Giroud just arrived. Podolski's good enough to start for the German national team. The Ox is growing up quickly. Ryo Miyaichi is lurking in the wings. Gervinho might be ready to start finding the net after taking an adjustment year. Then there's Theo, who just had his best season. And the Blue Dragon, Chamakh, Bendtner and Vela are also still Arsenal properties. On top of that, I'm guessing Arsenal will be able to buy someone tasty with some of that RVP money (or get someone in return for RVP).

The club has plenty of options and Wenger always figures this out (defense is a different story). Honestly I'd sell RVP just because he's probably at max value. He's brittle and moody, not the kind of guy you build a team around. My main hope is Real Madrid resists the temptation to buy him.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Turn Off Ads?