Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Any EPL fans here?

Re: Any EPL fans here?

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    That's something I guess I don't get. There are plays where an offensive player will obviously bank it off a defender and the defender didn't seem to be able to do anything about it, but it invariably gets called an own goal. Shouldn't a forward get a bit of credit for pulling off that play? Just something that always kind of bugged me.
    If a shot is on target but gets deflected in it will more than likely go to the the player takin the shot. If the ball isn't on target it's an out and out OG. The premiership have/used to have a dubious goals panel where a few ex pros would decide who should get the credit for goals once the games are over.

Years ago you would have seen more OGs as they do tend to give the attacking player the benefit of the doubt these days. And rightly so.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm a bit of a novice as a football fan. But even I know the goal to win the Man City-Chelsea game was monumental.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...-athletes-fall

Good read from Grantland on Muamba and the reaction. I'm not a big follower of soccer, but I was channel-flipping that morning and came across the game with "match suspended" and stunned-looking crowd shots. I figured it must have been awful, whatever it was, if they wouldn't even show the field... but I was thinking some guy broke his leg in 15 places or something. Not that.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Man U all but wraps it up as City falters again.

Also, Dempsey is amazing. I've read that Arsenal is sniffing around. I would love to see Clint get some Champions League run.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

I am surprised there are not more Reds fans here.....considering Liverpool is the real Reds and their history. I have been a fan since the early 80's.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    I am surprised there are not more Reds fans here.....considering Liverpool is the real Reds and their history. I have been a fan since the early 80's.
    I feel wrong somehow attaching myself to Liverpool. They have always seemed very insular (like Newcastle) as opposed to the more worldly and cosmopolitan Arsenal, Spurs, or United.
    Also, one of the joys of following the EPL is that I wasnt attached to a team from my youth, so I am able to simply pick out the best match to watch and to do so unfettered. I'm not forced to watch Wigan vs. Stoke for loyalty reasons....

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    I feel wrong somehow attaching myself to Liverpool. They have always seemed very insular (like Newcastle) as opposed to the more worldly and cosmopolitan Arsenal, Spurs, or United.
    Also, one of the joys of following the EPL is that I wasnt attached to a team from my youth, so I am able to simply pick out the best match to watch and to do so unfettered. I'm not forced to watch Wigan vs. Stoke for loyalty reasons....
    I do not care what Stoke does really...... not that hardcore, like one of my friends from England ...who is an even bigger Liverpool fan. So I do not worry about what other teams really do.

I do feel Sir Alex is a hypocrite..... who called Suarez a diver....while condoning and crying for Ronaldo to get calls when he was there, and basically intimidating the officials to do just that.

Now I am sure not going to defend Suarez on everything and his histrionics are a pain.....his row with Evra was something he should have known better to even start with..... but I do not think Evra is any saint in that whole thing either...even on the handshake debacle that happened afterwards.

I do see though that whenever an English player takes a bit of a dive ...it is called "tactical" by the announcers and press....but a foreigner does it (Besides Drogba, who seems to get a pass for being such a big man who goes down easy)... well it is the 2nd coming of the apocalypse.

Soooo.... basically there is no way I can root for Man U. I respect Arsenal and I am enjoying that Tott and Newcastle are doing well.

Man U and Man City right now is like rooting for the Yankees or Cardinals or Red Sox.

Sp*rs lose again to Norwich.

Come on Gunners

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

DEMPSEY Just scored against Chelsea.

1-1

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post

1-1

Dempsey is much watch TV at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post

1-1

Love it!

He is making himself a lot of money this year.

Anyone watching Wigan v. Man U? Wigan has been playing tough and is up 1-0.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Anyone watching Wigan v. Man U? Wigan has been playing tough and is up 1-0.
    Not watching, but if Wigan can hold on the lead would be back down to 5 as City is up 2 on West Brom. Looks like Man U was polishing that trophy too soon perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Not watching, but if Wigan can hold on the lead would be back down to 5 as City is up 2 on West Brom. Looks like Man U was polishing that trophy too soon perhaps?
    Wow, Rooney taken out for Nani at 65'. Man U has already used up all 3 subs. I sense a bit of panic. Not what you expect from them.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Clint Dempsey. That is all.

What about the US missing the Olympics? That is pathetic.

Turn Off Ads?