Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 117

Thread: Any EPL fans here?

  1. #76
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    992
    Chelsea vs Arsenal: 7:45 am on ESPN2 Tomorrow....A win wraps up a CL spot you would think

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #77
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    2,672

    Re: Any EPL fans here?

    Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Chelsea vs Arsenal: 7:45 am on ESPN2 Tomorrow....A win wraps up a CL spot you would think
    I hate the "lunch time" games. That's 4:45 AM for me. I mean I'm going to get up and watch it...I'm just not happy about it.

  4. #78
    Member improbus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    2,089

    Re: Any EPL fans here?

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I hate the "lunch time" games. That's 4:45 AM for me. I mean I'm going to get up and watch it...I'm just not happy about it.
    It is perfect for me. My kids get up around 6:00. By the time the game is over, I have my whole day ahead of me. This is so different than football games, which swallow the meat of the day. It is one of the many reasons I have replaced football with futbol.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

  5. #79
    Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    east of WOY
    Posts
    5,045

    Re: Any EPL fans here?

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I hate the "lunch time" games. That's 4:45 AM for me. I mean I'm going to get up and watch it...I'm just not happy about it.
    One comment: DVR
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

    Cincinnati's premiere expedited trucking company

  6. #80
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    2,672

    Re: Any EPL fans here?

    Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    One comment: DVR
    I do that sometimes, but watching sports on DVR just isn't the same.

  7. #81
    Member improbus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    2,089

    Re: Any EPL fans here?

    Man city has a chance...but, here is how I see it going:
    City beats United next week to take the lead.
    City loses at Newcastle the following week to lose the lead.
    United closes out the title against Swansea and Sunderland.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

  8. #82
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    992

    Re: Any EPL fans here?

    Robin Van Persie won the PFA Player of the Year tonight. Well deserved

    Thought Dempsey should have been nominated

    I'm rooting like crazy for Newcastle to finish 4th

  9. #83
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    2,672

    Re: Any EPL fans here?

    Wow a 10 man Chelsea takes down Barca at Camp Nou. I'm not a Chelsea fan, but great job getting to the final. Torres came on as a sub and scored the clinching goal.

  10. #84
    Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Back in Florida
    Posts
    8,158

    Re: Any EPL fans here?

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Wow a 10 man Chelsea takes down Barca at Camp Nou. I'm not a Chelsea fan, but great job getting to the final. Torres came on as a sub and scored the clinching goal.
    Didn't see this but did see Barca lose to Real Madrid on Saturday. Demoralized would be my guess.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

    http://dalmady.blogspot.com

  11. #85
    Member improbus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    2,089

    Re: Any EPL fans here?

    Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Robin Van Persie won the PFA Player of the Year tonight. Well deserved

    Thought Dempsey should have been nominated

    I'm rooting like crazy for Newcastle to finish 4th
    Dempsey came in fourth in the voting. That is outstanding.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

  12. #86
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    2,672

    Re: Any EPL fans here?

    Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    Dempsey came in fourth in the voting. That is outstanding.
    Really happy for Dempsey. Now go get him Wenger!

  13. #87
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    2,672

    Re: Any EPL fans here?

    City takes down Man U today 1-0. Wasn't able to watch, but sounds like City really dominated play. Now lets see if they can avoid the huge choke job.

  14. #88
    Member improbus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    2,089

    Re: Any EPL fans here?

    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    City takes down Man U today 1-0. Wasn't able to watch, but sounds like City really dominated play. Now lets see if they can avoid the huge choke job.
    United barely even threatened the goal. They had no attacking push and played with less energy.

    City vs. Newcastle will be amazing. Newcastle is tied with Spurs for 4th.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

  15. #89
    Member improbus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    2,089

    Re: Any EPL fans here?

    There is a very interesting article on Deadspin that catalogues some twitter responses to ESPN showing the game on their top network. I won't link to it because the responses are beyond foul, but if you are so inclined...
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

  16. #90
    Hisssssssss Yachtzee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Land of the Lost
    Posts
    7,267

    Re: Any EPL fans here?

    Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    There is a very interesting article on Deadspin that catalogues some twitter responses to ESPN showing the game on their top network. I won't link to it because the responses are beyond foul, but if you are so inclined...
    ESPN has usually done a good job with its soccer coverage, but unfortunately, they've dumbed down their audience by putting on shows like Jim Rome and Around the Horn.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25