Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2012 Jacksonville Jaguars

Re: 2012 Jacksonville Jaguars

Now they've hired Bratkowski as their offensive coordinator? Wow. He we was atrocious in Cincinnati in the same role. He was the QB coach this year and the QBs significantly underperformed.

This new owner is laying a huge egg, IMO.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Now they've hired Bratkowski as their offensive coordinator? Wow. He we was atrocious in Cincinnati in the same role. He was the QB coach this year and the QBs significantly underperformed.

That or he's paving the way for them to move to LA in a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post

Time to go ahead and declare Blaine Gabbert a bust.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

There's talk that Jags will move to a primarily a one back offense which requires less fullback. So Brock could be a casualty.

I disagree that Mularkey's time at Buffalo was a disaster or that he was over his head. He was 14-18. And the first year he had the only winning record in Buffalo in the last 11 years. And the second apparently was such an organizational mess that Mularkey decided he had to walk away rather than put up with it another season.

And yes, if Cowher and others felt Mularkey was not the guy that's EXACTLY what they would of told Khan.

The Jags seem determined to have an extremely experienced coaching staff after the Del Rio problems the last few years.

Razor, you might as well get over it.... Jags ain't moving.

And while Gabbert might be a bust, you can't tell that after 1 year. There's still a ton of real football people saying he's making significant progress.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 01-14-2012 at 08:17 PM.

Hey Hey Hey....

This thread is for season ticket holders only.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    And while Gabbert might be a bust, you can't tell that after 1 year. There's still a ton of real football people saying he's making significant progress.
    I declared him a bust due to who his new offensive coordinator is. Bratkowski runs the most predictable offense in the NFL and even when the Bengals were in the playoffs two years ago and lost to the Jets, fans were still calling for his head. Carson Palmer never really lived up to expectations in Cincinnati and while injuries are a reason, I think Brat had a lot to do with it as well. Same reason Matt Ryan took a step back this season with him as QB coach.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Mularkey was pretty well liked in Buffalo, his main problems were with Tom Donahoe who cut Bledsoe and stuck him with JP Lossman, ouch! Gabbert needs to get things figured out and an offensive minded coach may be just what he needs.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Well, the Jags have essentially finalized their coaching staff. They kept the big names on the defensive side. Mel Tucker stays on as Defensive Coordinator. The great debate about Mel in town was how much of the big improvement on defense was due to him. They had significantly spent money in free agency to improve the defense. But they did perform and the players loved him so he is back.

He interviewed for DC at at least one spot (Vikings). Mel is not a very dynamic speaker. I think that will hurt him in the future.

The biggest news to happen recently is the Jags held a free pep rally at Everbank field. About 7,000 showed up. Shad Khan had indicated that he was going to spend to put a winner on the field.

When pressed for specifics, Khan said they would spend to the TOP of the spending cap. Considering that the Jags were among the teams with the most room left to get to the minimum, it would appear the Jags are going to really open the pocket book.

Turn Off Ads?