Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: What is the missing critical component to contend.

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Big RH bat

20 45.45%
  • Big LH bat

4 9.09%
  • Top of the order bat

4 9.09%
  • Other: (Please state what that is)

13 29.55%
  • I am really not sure

3 6.82%

Thread: Critical remaining component

Threaded View

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Critical remaining component

I have argued that in order for the Reds to be complete (on paper anyway) that they need a big RH bat to hit between Votto and Bruce more than anything. I felt they actually needed it more than anything else. Though I was happy to see them go and get a potential ace arm and another good high leverage bully arm. The ace was necessary to be a legit World Series contender but only IMO if it came along with a legit middle of the order bat. Certainly if Bruce improves his game or even Heisey or Stubbs it should lessen the blow on offense. But I see us losing alot of games 3-2 and 2-1 and the like because teams walk Votto in key situations and make someone else beat them which right now unless Rolen rebounds strongly (something I think the Reds are counting on) we have no one to make those teams pay.

I also would love to upgrade at the top of the lineup but IMO it's a moot point if we have no one to drive them in (because Votto is getting walked).

So the question I have for everyone is what is the missing critical piece right now and why? IMO someone needs to pay for walking Votto and going at Jay with a strong LHP. A big RH is necessary.
    Last edited by Mario-Rijo; 01-03-2012 at 01:43 PM. Reason: error in title
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Turn Off Ads?