Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Younger guys

Younger guys

I made a list of 65 position guys who were predominantly AA or lower last year. Some of them (like Soto), I'm familiar with, but others, not so much. I''ve divided them into Corner Infielders, Middle Infieldersd, Outfir\elders and Catchers. I'd appreciate it if some of you that follow the farm a little closer than I would pick some of the guys listed, make some notes on what you like/dislike about them, potential ceilings and possible big league arrival date. TIA.

1B-3B (17)

Neftali Soto
    David Vidal
    Sean Buckley
    Donald Lutz
    Gabriel Rosa
    Robert Maddox
    Domini D'Anna
    Nick O'Shea
    Chris Richburg
    Carlos Mendez
    Frank Pfister
    Josef Terry
    Cristobal Rodriguez
    Sammy Diaz
    Robert Ramirez
    Calos Sanchez
    Yimmy Lopez

2B-SS (13)

Billy Hamilton
    Didi Gregorious
    Henry Rodriguez
    Brodie Greene
    Cody Puckett
    Devin Lohman
    Junior Arias
    Juan Perez
    Ryan Wright
    Humberto Valor
    Miguel Rojas
    Jefry Sierra
    Brandon Dailey

OF (25)

Yorman Rodriguez
    Juan Duran
    Denis Phipps
    Ryan LaMarre
    Kyle Waldrop
    Felix Perez
    Bill Reinhardt
    Josh Feldhaur
    Juan Silva
    Jaren Matthews
    Brennan May
    Drew Poulk
    Stephen Hunt
    Jon Matthews
    Dane Read
    Andrew Means
    Theo Bowe
    Bryson Smith
    Spencer Dickerson
    Josh Garton
    Shane Carlson
    Stev Selsjy
    Kurt Mueller
    Will Lenyz
    Winfred Estevez

C (10)

Tucker Barnhart
    Mark Fleury
    Kevin Coddington
    Danny Vicioso
    Jordan Wiedman
    Yovan Gonzalez
    Fray Sosa
    Wagner Gomez
    Julio Morillio
    Casey Weems
    Chris Berset
    Last edited by corkedbat; 01-03-2012 at 09:57 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

Re: Younger guys

I believe Will Lenyz[sic] is actually Matt Lentz, former safety for the UK Wildcats. The Reds signed him following a tryout. He's very athletic but very raw. Casey[sic] Weems is actually Chase Weems, who was released earlier this year. You misspelled a few other names, too. Cris(tobal) Rodriguez was released this year, too. Shane Carlson was placed on the restricted list, which probably means that he's retired Nick O'Shea has mostly been playing as a catcher. I made an attempt to forecast where each player will be assigned next year. It's somewhat of a rough draft since I haven't edited much since the recent trades, but it at least gives you an idea, some links to their b-r pages, and their career stats.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=1

-The Insider-

Carlson retired last year and Carlos Mendez is a free agent.

-The Insider-

And it's Josh Fellhauer.

Seems to me that the real scrum--the area where guys blend together--is in the outfield group, the likes of Dayne Read, Drew Poulk, Stephen Hunt, Brennan May, Bryson Smith, Spencer Dickinson and Steve Selsky. My sense is that Read, Smith and Selsky might have a slight edge on the rest, but it's only a hunch. If anybody can separate those guys . . .

Also, Jefry Sierra started out as an infielder, but has recently played mostly center field, and played it extremely well, according to all accounts. He's a speedy feller.

Sierra has a really good arm as well. It's not Denis Phipps good but its probably only just a tick below, if that much

Turn Off Ads?