JC Sulbaran
    Scott Carrol
    Matt Klinker
    Kyle Lotzkar
    Didi Gregorious

2. Turn Off Ads?
    -The Insider-

Re: 2012 Reds MLB Debuts

Probably not on Villarrreal and Rodriguez. Definitely not on Fleury.

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    Probably not on Villarrreal and Rodriguez. Definitely not on Fleury.
    I think both Villareal and Rodriguez are almost locks to make their debut in 2012. Rodriguez is probably next season's starting 2B if Phillips isn't extended. Its especially true if others like Marhsall are extended because the budget probably won't allow for a veteran to replace Phillips.

In Villareal's case, the Reds have very little depth behind the major league starters now. He's on the 40 man roster and would seem to be no worse than 8th on he depth chart (behind the top 5, Chapman and Lecure). Since many times timing dictates who gets the call, Villareal would seem to have a good chance of getting one at some point simply by being on the 40 man roster.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

-The Insider-

Yeah, I have no idea why I said no on Rodriguez. He'll likely (if not certainly) make his debut this upcoming year IF second base is still up in the air.

Villarreal, I still don't know. I see him starting back in Double-A this year and if he does well, would likely be one of the first to get a call to Louisville if they need a starting arm. I still think 2013 is more likely, but then again, we did never thought Tom Cochran would get called up and he did.

Yeah, I have no idea why I said no on Rodriguez. He'll likely (if not certainly) make his debut this upcoming year IF second base is still up in the air.

Villarreal, I still don't know. I see him starting back in Double-A this year and if he does well, would likely be one of the first to get a call to Louisville if they need a starting arm. I still think 2013 is more likely, but then again, we did never thought Tom Cochran would get called up and he did.
    I'm guessing Lecure will move to a role later in the game as the year goes on and it will remove him from the spot start mix. If somebody comes up lame and Chapman just pitched the day before, who else is there? Nobody unless the Reds make a 40 man roster move to add somebody like Carroll or Klinker. Hopefully they add some rotation depth.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

-The Insider-

I don't see LeCure spot starting. They did sign Antilo and Gallagher for depth. If they do well, I'd expect to see them up at some point.

I don't see LeCure spot starting. They did sign Antilo and Gallagher for depth. If they do well, I'd expect to see them up at some point.
    I think Atilano might be a sleeper. I could see him getting a call if its for an extended run, but if its to come up and just make one start, I'd guess they wouldn't mess with the 40 man roster. Being on the Roster gives Villareal a big edge.

I hope they sign a guy for the major league team to be a long reliever who gets in line in front of these guys. I still would love to see Rich Harden in that role. He's got such good stuff, if he can stay healthy I could see him grabbing a larger role as a regular rotation guy or even the closer at some point.

Turn Off Ads?