Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BCS bowls discussion

Re: BCS bowls discussion

Quote Originally Posted by HotCorner View Post
    He doesn't have possession of the ball when he drags the foot.
    I disagree. It looks to me that he has the ball held up against him. Either way, it certainly doesn't look like enough evidence to overturn the call, regardless of how it was called on the field.

I think the review process needs to be seriously revamped. "Indisputable video evidence" seems to have several definitions, depending on the replay official.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    I think the review process needs to be seriously revamped. "Indisputable video evidence" seems to have several definitions, depending on the replay official.
    Yeah, somehow the message isn't getting through. According to the NCAA, its says:

The instant replay process operates under the fundamental assumption that the ruling on the field is correct. The replay official may reverse a ruling if and only if the video evidence convinces him beyond all doubt that the ruling was incorrect. Without such indisputable video evidence, the replay official must allow the ruling to stand.
    That looks awfully clear to me. Unless its plain as day, don't reverse the call. But I've seen a lot of "yeah, well, maybe, could be" overturns. I don't get it.

Interesting "2011 NCAA Football Instant Replay Casebook" read here...

http://www.ncaapublications.com/prod...oads/FBC11.pdf
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

I thought it was a catch also. Not sure how they could overturn it.

Horrible coaching by David Shaw at the end of the Stanford/Oklahoma State game. You have the ball at the Oklahoma State 25, with 50 seconds, three timeouts, and a superstar at QB, and you put the game in the hands of a freshman kicker? Seriously? Put the game in Luck's hands and he wins it.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Horrible coaching by David Shaw at the end of the Stanford/Oklahoma State game. You have the ball at the Oklahoma State 25, with 50 seconds, three timeouts, and a superstar at QB, and you put the game in the hands of a freshman kicker? Seriously? Put the game in Luck's hands and he wins it.
    I totally agree and to hear the announcers drool over Shaw like a man crush was nauseating...

Clemson is in full on melt down mode.

West Virginia is destroying Clemson. Hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    West Virginia is destroying Clemson. Hilarious.
    This game is fun! Give that man a pay raise! We have our coach for the next two decades!
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

The Rodney King beatdown wasn't even this bad.

Michigan in the Sugar followed 24 hours later by West Virginia in the Orange.

Somewhere RichRod is crying in a beer.

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    The Rodney King beatdown wasn't even this bad.

Michigan in the Sugar followed 24 hours later by West Virginia in the Orange.

Somewhere RichRod is crying in a beer.
    Just gives Arizona more motivation to fire him in a couple years after seeing how his teams respond .
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Tavon Austin is ridiculous...fun to watch.

Although it sucked watching him make the Bearcat defense look bad.

Will WVU hit 100?
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Will WVU hit 100?
    Doubt it. The backups are in now and Millard just threw a pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    This game is fun! Give that man a pay raise! We have our coach for the next two decades!
    Or until a higher level school decides they want a new coach.

If WVU couldn't keep Rich Rodriguez, a West Virginia native, as head coach, I don't see how they will be able to keep Holgorsen. Then again, you could say the same for Nehlen, who had the opportunity to leave for Wisconsin (which ultimately went to Barry Alvarez). I don't see Holgorsen having that loyalty, and if a Texas school opens and offers to get him off "The Island", it might happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Doubt it. The backups are in now and Millard just threw a pick.

Or until a higher level school decides they want a new coach.

If WVU couldn't keep Rich Rodriguez, a West Virginia native, as head coach, I don't see how they will be able to keep Holgorsen. Then again, you could say the same for Nehlen, who had the opportunity to leave for Wisconsin (which ultimately went to Barry Alvarez). I don't see Holgorsen having that loyalty, and if a Texas school opens and offers to get him off "The Island", it might happen.
    Thats the thing I don't get. When Holgorsen was hired people complained he had no roots here. But he is building a house out in Cheat Lake somewhere (rumor) and people site Rich leaving as proof. But Dandy Don who also had no ties to this state stayed for 20+ years without as much as a whisper of him leaving (at least while I've been paying attention).

Which is Holgorsen? I don't know, but I always ask the question is it better to stick around and try to become the Bear Bryant of the school or is it better to go to where Bear Bryant coached and be one of many? I THINK Holgorsen is a different cat than Rich Rod, I don't THINK Holgorsen would leave just for a "higher prestige" job, for him it would have to make sense.

William Arthur Ward

Going to the Big 12 will help WVU keep a coach.

Lots of couches bidding their end tables and lamps farewell right about now.

Does the ACC really deserve a BCS bid? they are now 2-13 in BCS bowl games.
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?