Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 247

Thread: 2012 MLB Draft order

  1. #226
    We are the angry mob cincyinco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The 303
    Posts
    2,616

    Re: 2012 MLB Draft order

    Quote Originally Posted by icehole3 View Post
    I would like to see the Reds draft 5 pitchers in the first 6 rounds all hard throwers
    We know.
    "I hate to advocate chemicals, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone... But they've always worked for me."

    -Hunter S. Thompson

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #227
    BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Springfield, Ohio
    Posts
    9,065

    Re: 2012 MLB Draft order

    Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    Past midnight now so the draft is coming SOON. The Reds have been linked a lot lately to Stephen Piscotty the Stanford 3rd baseman. Athletic guy who projects to be able to stay there and has a good all around bat - a Votto like hitter from what I've read. Power but more of a good line drive hitter who uses all fields, makes good contact, will walk, good eye, should hit for a good average with decent power. Still gets out of synch from time to time but his flaws seem minor, mostly coachable stuff. I wouldn't be surprised - he is a toolsy corner guy and seems to fit the type the Reds draft high. More all around athlete than focused on 1 or 2 tools.
    Sounds like exactly the type of pick I am hoping for. I've had no time lately to catch up on the prospects so I will be relying on you guys for the 411, thanks RLJ.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

    --Woody Hayes

  4. #228
    Redsmetz redsmetz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Winton Place
    Posts
    11,471

    Re: 2012 MLB Draft order

    Because I'm capable of following the draft at work because I own the business and I generally don't have anyone in the office anyway, I was sorry to see that the draft starts this evening. That said, my wife asked before I left for work, "we don't have anything on the calendar tonight, do we?" to which I replied, "the baseball draft is tonight." Now I have it on the radar that counts!
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

    The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things, that's Rallyonion.com

    The Baseball Bookstore

    http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

  5. #229
    Waitin til next year bucksfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    10,489

    Re: 2012 MLB Draft order

    Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    Because I'm capable of following the draft at work because I own the business and I generally don't have anyone in the office anyway, I was sorry to see that the draft starts this evening. That said, my wife asked before I left for work, "we don't have anything on the calendar tonight, do we?" to which I replied, "the baseball draft is tonight." Now I have it on the radar that counts!
    I think if I told my wife that I would get "I hate baseball."

  6. #230
    Redsmetz redsmetz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Winton Place
    Posts
    11,471

    Re: 2012 MLB Draft order

    Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I think if I told my wife that I would get "I hate baseball."
    Oh I would never get that. She takes umbrage when folks ask her, "did you become a baseball fan because you married Redsmetz." Her father would come back and haunt her to boot.

    Yesterday we went for a walk down at the riverfront and stopped at the Lager House to watch some of the game. She even said to me, "aren't you glad you married a baseball fan."

    Now she could care less about the draft. She'll care when they make the team and she has to learn their name. And all three of our kids are baseball fans.

    I'm sure your wife has other qualities, right?
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

    The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things, that's Rallyonion.com

    The Baseball Bookstore

    http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

  7. #231
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    10,227

    Re: 2012 MLB Draft order

    Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    Because I'm capable of following the draft at work because I own the business and I generally don't have anyone in the office anyway, I was sorry to see that the draft starts this evening. That said, my wife asked before I left for work, "we don't have anything on the calendar tonight, do we?" to which I replied, "the baseball draft is tonight." Now I have it on the radar that counts!
    Ha- I had the exact same conversation this morning!
    Go BLUE!!!

  8. #232
    Waitin til next year bucksfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    10,489

    Re: 2012 MLB Draft order

    Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    Oh I would never get that. She takes umbrage when folks ask her, "did you become a baseball fan because you married Redsmetz." Her father would come back and haunt her to boot.

    Yesterday we went for a walk down at the riverfront and stopped at the Lager House to watch some of the game. She even said to me, "aren't you glad you married a baseball fan."

    Now she could care less about the draft. She'll care when they make the team and she has to learn their name. And all three of our kids are baseball fans.

    I'm sure your wife has other qualities, right?
    My wife never was a baseball fan other than enjoying going to games. She likes to go to the game but when I listen to it or watch it on TV it starts to annoy her. When I have the game on she will turn to the dog and say "Baseball's on again!"

    She isn't a native Cincinnatian and really doesn't care until the playoffs begin to start. She enjoys it when the whole city gets wrapped up in the Reds or the Bengals for that matter. But other than that its just dead air and she would rather watch the WE channel.

  9. #233
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    968

    Re: 2012 MLB Draft order

    Too many teams are going to be reaching for that "surefire ace" in the first round. That's been the trend as of late... even Anthony Rendon fell to 6th in last year's draft due to pitching fever. Our system has lots of arms with potential... I'd take a college arm with one of our supplemental picks and fill out the rest of rounds 1-2 with a variety of position players.

  10. #234
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    37,344

    Re: 2012 MLB Draft order

    Quote Originally Posted by The DARK View Post
    Too many teams are going to be reaching for that "surefire ace" in the first round. That's been the trend as of late... even Anthony Rendon fell to 6th in last year's draft due to pitching fever. Our system has lots of arms with potential... I'd take a college arm with one of our supplemental picks and fill out the rest of rounds 1-2 with a variety of position players.
    Rendon fell because he was injured and wasn't performing on par with what was expected of him.

  11. #235
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    968

    Re: 2012 MLB Draft order

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Rendon fell because he was injured and wasn't performing on par with what was expected of him.
    Ah, I'd forgotten about the injury. Still, he seems to have emerged as a fine selection by the Nationals, and I still feel a hitter fits our needs best at this point in time, even though I wouldn't reach at all for one.

  12. #236
    OlafTheBlack Dan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Woodbridge, VA
    Posts
    2,875

    Re: 2012 MLB Draft order

    Quote Originally Posted by The DARK View Post
    Ah, I'd forgotten about the injury. Still, he seems to have emerged as a fine selection by the Nationals, and I still feel a hitter fits our needs best at this point in time, even though I wouldn't reach at all for one.
    I'm hoping for that 3b out of Clemson. Not sure about Pischotti, he strikes me as a Dave Magadan type. Of course, if Marerro falls...
    The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. -- Terrance Mann (Field of Dreams)

  13. #237
    Redsmetz redsmetz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Winton Place
    Posts
    11,471

    Re: 2012 MLB Draft order

    Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Ha- I had the exact same conversation this morning!
    Why were you talking to my wife this morning?
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

    The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things, that's Rallyonion.com

    The Baseball Bookstore

    http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

  14. #238
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    10,227

    Re: 2012 MLB Draft order

    Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    Why were you talking to my wife this morning?
    She is pretty cute...
    Go BLUE!!!

  15. #239
    Moderator RedlegJake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Saint Joseph, Mo
    Posts
    6,558

    Re: 2012 MLB Draft order

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I'm hoping for that 3b out of Clemson. Not sure about Pischotti, he strikes me as a Dave Magadan type. Of course, if Marerro falls...
    I'd prefer Shaffer too, Dan. That's my real hope but most have Cleveland grabbing him after us. Who really knows though. When do the mock picks get it right?

  16. #240
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    37,344

    Re: 2012 MLB Draft order

    Quote Originally Posted by RedlegJake View Post
    I'd prefer Shaffer too, Dan. That's my real hope but most have Cleveland grabbing him after us. Who really knows though. When do the mock picks get it right?
    In recent memory, some guys have nailed us taking Stubbs, Mesoraco, Alonso and Stephenson.... so they haven't been terrible.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | RedsfaninMT | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25