Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: 2012 MLB Draft order

Re: 2012 MLB Draft order

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    In recent memory, some guys have nailed us taking Stubbs, Mesoraco, Alonso and Stephenson.... so they haven't been terrible.
    That's true, although Leake pretty much came out of the blue. Stephenson wasn't linked to the Reds until just before the draft (like in hours, not days).
    Go BLUE!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Yeah Doug - but which guys? There are several and all different. I bet one of them is right. Which one? LOL. I mean this in the most respectful way - you are as reliable as any pundit out there, imo, I've come to really respect your opinions about the minors and draft picks - who is Swami Doug Dirt prognosticating for the Reds pick #1?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

The guy I want the most, of the guys who realistically could be there, is Chris Stratton. I don't have a clue where the Reds will go though, and it doesn't seem anyone else does either. Sickels, Callis, Pilierre and Mayo all had four different picks for the Reds there.

Richie Schaffer, Stephen Piscotty or Courtney Hawkins.

Please not another HS or College pitcher for our No.1.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    Richie Schaffer, Stephen Piscotty or Courtney Hawkins.

Please not another HS or College pitcher for our No.1.
    What is wrong with taking a pitcher?

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    What is wrong with taking a pitcher?
    Not only is there nothing wrong with it, but it might be the most needed position five years from now besides outfielder. You can't expect everyone in the current rotation to be valid options in the future.

Not only is there nothing wrong with it, but it might be the most needed position five years from now besides outfielder. You can't expect everyone in the current rotation to be valid options in the future.
    Most important position on the diamond. Remember, too, that the Reds will have a FAR easier time attracting free agent hitters than free agent pitchers. They're going to have to develop their own arms, for the most part.

Turn Off Ads?