Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 moves the Reds need to make to win the WS

4 moves the Reds need to make to win the WS

1)sign Ryan Madsen to a 3yr 20mil deal

2)sign Roy Oswalt to 2 year 12mil deal

3)sign Ludwick to a 1 yr 3 mil deal

4) sign Theroit to a 1 yr 1mil deal

I know the money kills these deals. But if they make these deals they win the WS. So 15 mil more for a WS.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 4 moves the Reds need to make to win the WS

Like you said money would kill these deals but I think they could get Madson for the deal you mentioned out of that list I would take Madson.

Would Oswalt be that cheap? Also it would kill me if he played for the Reds after I've hated him all these years. Probably my most hated player, but I don't really know why.

I don't think we could get any of those players for the money listed.

I am failing to see how Ryan Ludwick helps out. He had a very good season 4 years ago. I would rather go into the season with Heisey and Frazier in left. And I do not want to do that... I do like Madson though

The reds DO NOT NEED ROY OSWALT. He is a past his prime pitcher and I really don't see leake being taken out of the rotation for any free agent at this point. I would hope homer is put in the pen with the fact that bronson won't be taken out of the rotation. here are the 4 moves i think the reds need to make
    1. Sign Madson to 1yr 9 Million
    2. bring is a veteran 3rd baseman like Vizquel, Kouzmanoff, Betemit, or maybe brooks conrad
    3. Bring in a back up SS or Vizquel
    4. bring in a 4th outfielder who can play all 4 outfield positions such as a Ankiel, Foukedome, Willie Harris, Cody Ross, or dare i say this but corey patterson

Quote Originally Posted by fewfirstchoice View Post
    1)sign Ryan Madsen to a 3yr 20mil deal

2)sign Roy Oswalt to 2 year 12mil deal

3)sign Ludwick to a 1 yr 3 mil deal

4) sign Theroit to a 1 yr 1mil deal

I know the money kills these deals. But if they make these deals they win the WS. So 15 mil more for a WS.
    1. It will take more then 6 million a year to get Madsen, try like around 9-10 per year and that is not worth it.

2. Why would you want to sign an aging injuried pitcher to a two year deal at 6 million per year.

3. We have better options on the roster then Ludwick

4. What does Theriot bring that we don't already have?

Quote Originally Posted by alett12 View Post
    The reds DO NOT NEED ROY OSWALT. He is a past his prime pitcher and I really don't see leake being taken out of the rotation for any free agent at this point. I would hope homer is put in the pen with the fact that bronson won't be taken out of the rotation. here are the 4 moves i think the reds need to make
    1. Sign Madson to 1yr 9 Million
    2. bring is a veteran 3rd baseman like Vizquel, Kouzmanoff, Betemit, or maybe brooks conrad
    3. Bring in a back up SS or Vizquel
    4. bring in a 4th outfielder who can play all 4 outfield positions such as a Ankiel, Foukedome, Willie Harris, Cody Ross, or dare i say this but corey patterson
    1. Madson's agent is Scott Boras. Not going to happen.
    2. Juan Fransisco will be our backup 3rd baseman (starter once Rolen gets hurt.)
    3. Paul Janish is the backup shortstop.
    4. Did you really include Corey Patterson?

The only move your suggesting that has any bearing on the this season would be # 1.

Quote Originally Posted by jhu1321 View Post
    1. Madson's agent is Scott Boras. Not going to happen.
    2. Juan Fransisco will be our backup 3rd baseman (starter once Rolen gets hurt.)
    3. Paul Janish is the backup shortstop.
    4. Did you really include Corey Patterson?

The only move your suggesting that has any bearing on the this season would be # 1.
    1. It might happen, i could see boras putting together a deal for him similar to the one Soriano got with the yankees last season
    2. Fransisco is sthe back up yes, and frazier after him but a veteran back up might be a good idea considering fansisco's injury history
    3. Janish can't hit. it's that simple.
    4. Patterson can play all three spots, he can play defense he would be a 4th outfielder.

1. It might happen, i could see boras putting together a deal for him similar to the one Soriano got with the yankees last season
    2. Fransisco is sthe back up yes, and frazier after him but a veteran back up might be a good idea considering fansisco's injury history
    3. Janish can't hit. it's that simple.
    4. Patterson can play all three spots, he can play defense he would be a 4th outfielder.
    You say Janish can't hit and thus not worthy but you are okay with no hitting Patterson?

I don't think there is anyway Madson signs for that. I'd say more like 3 years 30 mil, and theres no way the Reds can afford that.

I honestly am fine with marshall and masset going at it

I honestly am fine with marshall and masset going at it
    going at what? Because it can't be Closer because we all know Dusty knows a closer when he see's one and neither of these guys are closer material according to Dusty's view...

Although SP may not be the most pressing need for the Reds at this time; I would still love to see the Reds sign Oswalt for a 1 yr. deal (it was reported a few days ago that Oswalt was willing to sign a 1 yr. deal). In my opinion, he's still at least a #2 starter, and very well could be a #1 for another year or two. The Reds won't get Oswalt, but if we're just wishing here . . . I say get Oswalt.

Quote Originally Posted by rgslone View Post
    Although SP may not be the most pressing need for the Reds at this time; I would still love to see the Reds sign Oswalt for a 1 yr. deal (it was reported a few days ago that Oswalt was willing to sign a 1 yr. deal). In my opinion, he's still at least a #2 starter, and very well could be a #1 for another year or two. The Reds won't get Oswalt, but if we're just wishing here . . . I say get Oswalt.
    1. Latos
    2. Cueto
    3. Leake
    4. Bailey
    5. Arroyo
    6. Chapman
    I don't see them bringing in a guy who has only been a starter. maybe a guy who has been a swing man but not a starter

Turn Off Ads?