Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cubs dump Zambrano

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Cubs dump Zambrano

sending him to the Fish while paying $15M of his $18M salary and getting back a guy that gives up HR's like bananas on a bunch

makes me glad every day that I'm not a Cubs fan
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cubs dump Zambrano

I can't wait to see Ozzie, Zambrano, Hanley, and logan morrison in one locker room. it should be fun

Nerdvana Annihilation

Quote Originally Posted by alett12 View Post
    I can't wait to see Ozzie, Zambrano, Hanley, and logan morrison in one locker room. it should be fun

I agree, Could we see MLB's first reality tv series? The life of the Miami Marlins locker room.

Theo had to do it. He got handed a big poop sandwich, and had to take a bite. He has another bite to take with Alfonso. God the previous Cub office was great. Everytime I feel bad about the reds I think of the Cubs and Smile.

your making it sound like the cubs did something bad. yes they got nothing but they also got rid of a cancer. thats a scary thought that there making good moves imo.

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    your making it sound like the cubs did something bad. yes they got nothing but they also got rid of a cancer. thats a scary thought that there making good moves imo.
    but they got zero back in return -- so the idea they will be a threat soon --- I don't think so!

I miss Raisor

Quote Originally Posted by Old Righthander View Post
    but they got zero back in return -- so the idea they will be a threat soon --- I don't think so!
    Maybe they won't be a threat soon, but I really like the return. They shed $3 million, ridding themselves of a clubhouse cancer who will probably only be under contract for 1 more year (no way that option vests), in which they know they will not compete seriously for the division. In return, they get a stable, cheap back of the rotation pitcher and former first-rounder whose peripherals improved last year in spite of a higher ERA and is under contract through 2014. They fill a need, shed payroll, and put the past behind them. The Marlins, going all in, get a loose cannon who has #1 potential that he has lived up to in the past, but is getting older and farther from those stats every year and could destroy the clubhouse chemistry.

Once more, the team that wants to win now will always overpay.

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    Zambrano had to go - even the wannabe GMs on this board know this move was necessary.

It's going to take a lot more than this before the Cubs get relevant again.
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

Will someone explain to me why they have gone OF signing crazy?? They had Marlon Byrd, Alfonso Soriano and Tony Campana on the roster then went and signed David DeJesus and Reed Johnson. Traded for Dave Sappelt and have Brett Jackson and Matt Szczur on the fringe. That;s 8 possible outfielders for 2012. What's the point?

Quote Originally Posted by dMaus14 View Post
    Will someone explain to me why they have gone OF signing crazy?? They had Marlon Byrd, Alfonso Soriano and Tony Campana on the roster then went and signed David DeJesus and Reed Johnson. Traded for Dave Sappelt and have Brett Jackson and Matt Szczur on the fringe. That;s 8 possible outfielders for 2012. What's the point?
    maybe Alfonso is the next one they dump.

I miss Raisor

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

He and Guillen deserve each other.

where did i say they were gonna be relevant soon?

Quote Originally Posted by dMaus14 View Post
    They are trying to dump Soriano off on baltimore See MLBTR and Byrd is on the trade block too. Perosnally, i would love for the reds to get ahold of campana but it isn't going to happen so oh well

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    He and Guillen deserve each other.
    This was my first thought, my 2nd was when does THE meltdown occur? Before July 4th? Before Memorial Day? Before Mothers Day? What a joke these two are to MLB.

Quote Originally Posted by alett12 View Post
    They are trying to dump Soriano off on baltimore See MLBTR and Byrd is on the trade block too. Perosnally, i would love for the reds to get ahold of campana but it isn't going to happen so oh well
    I get to watch a lot of Cubs games where I live and I've been impressed with Marlon Byrd since he first showed up in Chicago. Guy immediately became a clubhouse leader and is a solid ball player. Not a big home run guy but a steady bat and a solid defender. He'd be a great 4th OF and safety net if Heisey can't cut it as the everyday LF.
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

Turn Off Ads?