Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Playoffs

Re: NFL Playoffs

I got NE in the AFC. Much as I dislike him, Brady's just a beast. NE 27, BAL 17.
    I'll go SF in the NFC, but I think it'll be close. 49ers just look like a really solid team on both sides of the ball. SF 20, NY 17.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'll go with the Patriots and the 49'ers.

I just read where they've had 3 inches of rain in SF this week so Candlestick will be a swamp. I think the Giants excellent front 4 is based on speed and the turf will slow them down. And the Niner's are more of smashmouth belly-bumper team. But I think it will be an old-fashioned 60's-style slugfest and be like a 16-13 game, 49'ers. Both teams are playing great right now so it should be the best game.

And I think Belichick will pull enough defensive rabbits out of his hat to confuse Flacco. He is a just-OK QB and gets shook easy. And like many have said, the Raven's D is good, but not the killer defense it has been in the past. Brady and his TE's will put up enough points. I'll say 27-13 Patriots.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    And like many have said, the Raven's D is good, but not the killer defense it has been in the past. Brady and his TE's will put up enough points. I'll say 27-13 Patriots.
    They ranked 3rd in the NFL! That's pretty good in my book. They will be able to slow down the Pats offense 20-28 point range.

The Ravens offense will be able to move the ball against the Patriots 31st ranked pass defense. The Patriots have given up the most passing plays (79) of 20+ yards this season. I see Torrey Smith having a big impact in this game.

I'm sorry I didn't think to warn you guys about Steven Tyler, hope you all had working mute buttons.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    I'm sorry I didn't think to warn you guys about Steven Tyler, hope you all had working mute buttons.
    That rendition of the national anthem was so horrid, they should charge him with Treason.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    That rendition of the national anthem was so horrid, they should charge him with Treason.
    I've heard it so many times by now that I'm almost immune to it, sort of like when you live near a railroad crossing.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Since when is the QB's blind side his right side if he's a RH QB?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Great play calling to make it 10-3. B-More needs to keep it a one score gmae going into the 3rd quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    Steven Tyler singing the National Anthem? Dream On.

That was horrendous IMO.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Since when is the QB's blind side his right side if he's a RH QB?
    He has eyes in the back of his head?

The Ravens are only moving the ball through the air, at some point you gotta think Flacco is gonna throw one to the wrong team. Good game so far.

Wowsers. Billy Cundiff... A name which will live in infamy.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Sucks to be Billy Cundiff right now

I think he was spooked by the hold. For just a second it looked like it might be mishandled and he got the laces out of the way at the very last moment. It wound up being a good hold, but I think it broke his concentration. Feel bad for the guy, he's been a really good kicker for them.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

And that's how the defense that can't stop a nosebleed gets to the SB. Unbelievable.

Turn Off Ads?