Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: NFL Playoffs

Re: NFL Playoffs

Undrafted free agent out of UMass. Got his big break when Steve Smith and Manningham couldn't stay healthy.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Victor Cruz is really really good. Where did this guy come from anyway?
    UMass.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Victor Cruz is really really good. Where did this guy come from anyway?
    Umass, I think. No way to know for sure though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Vernon Davis is a one man wrecking crew.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

It always seems weird to me that giant human beings can crash into each other causing irreparable brain damage to one another fighting over mere inches only to have a rejected soccer player lose the game by kicking the ball a little to the left. It would be like having the NLCS being decided by the bullpen catcher, or perhaps Dustys son on a play at the plate... Football is a strange sport.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    It always seems weird to me that giant human beings can crash into each other causing irreparable brain damage to one another fighting over mere inches only to have a rejected soccer player lose the game by kicking the ball a little to the left. It would be like having the NLCS being decided by the bullpen catcher, or perhaps Dustys son on a play at the plate... Football is a strange sport.
    And I completely understand your sentiments. But would you change anything if you could?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    And I completely understand your sentiments. But would you change anything if you could?
    Yes. Put a bar across the top of the goal posts. That will force kickers to kick it lower and will create more blocks. It will make teams really reconsider kicking.

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    Yes. Put a bar across the top of the goal posts. That will force kickers to kick it lower and will create more blocks. It will make teams really reconsider kicking.
    I always was surprised that you didn't see more kickers come from Arena where accuracy is a lot more important or punters coming from other countries where they have rugby and are much tougher than the average American kicker.

Edit: Added g in rugby rather than ruby.
    Last edited by Slyder; 01-22-2012 at 09:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    I always was surprised that you didn't see more kickers come from Arena where accuracy is a lot more important or punters coming from other countries where they have ruby and are much tougher than the average American kicker.
    I agree. I also thought you could force kickers to play at least 5 non kicking plays during the game. Really, I just want to see linebackers with the flat front shoes kicking again.
    Last edited by improbus; 01-22-2012 at 09:14 PM.

What a bonehead that punt returner is for SF. He made an incredibly stupid play earlier diving for a punt. Now this? Catching a punt can be a challenge at times, but knowing when to try to catch one and when to get out of the way is not that hard.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

What a screw up.

Everyone's doing it lately, too.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Now he's really going to be a goat...

He better pray the niners can come back or he'll need to leave the state of California.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    What a bonehead that punt returner is for SF. He made an incredibly stupid play earlier diving for a punt. Now this? Catching a punt can be a challenge at times, but knowing when to try to catch one and when to get out of the way is not that hard.
    I honestly don't think that the ball hit him. In slow motion, the ball does not change its rotation or movement as it would if hit.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

That was a questionable call

Turn Off Ads?