Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Playoffs

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Re: NFL Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    What's wrong with the Patriots? Do you just not like the Boston fan base, or...?
    Can't stand Belicheat. I respect Brady as a QB but don't like him as a person. And I don't want Ochocinco to sniff a Super Bowl.
    2013 Record at games attended: 0-1

2. Turn Off Ads?

I love watching Tom Brady and Eli Manning. I hope it's Giants and Pats.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

IMO, gonna be the Patriots-49ers in the SB.

The Ravens have the defense; but their offense is pretty erratic and inconsistent with Flacco. They're going to run the ball behind Rice and try to control time of possession vs the Pats to keep Brady off the field as much as possible. Their offensive line is also going to have to do a better job at protecting Flacco too. The Texans, which have a good defense, sacked him 5 times yesterday.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

I'd like to hear some actual, rational, non-jealousy based reasons why Tom Brady isn't likable. But then again, I won't hold my breath.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

He has kind of a whiny demeanor... but I'm really not the best source as I just have a strange obsession to hate him. Maybe if he played for another team I might feel differently.

I don't know that Brady is unlikeable. I think some don't like him because he was fawned over because of his looks and dated a revolving door of models and celebrities. I do think he's a bit or a prima donna, but he's a pretty classy guy and a great QB. I think his public persona probably suffers a little from the Belichek halo, who is utterly unlikeable.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    I'd like to hear some actual, rational, non-jealousy based reasons why Tom Brady isn't likable. But then again, I won't hold my breath.
    He left his pregnant girlfriend, which is a big reason I don't like him as a person. I respect what he does on the field, but am not a fan of his.
    2013 Record at games attended: 0-1

We've seen this song and dance before in the playoffs. I'm taking Baltimore straight up. New England's defense is AWFUL, I don't care what they did to Denver. Any playoff team should be able to destroy Denver's triple option college offense they were running.

Baltimore's D is still one of the premier defenses in the NFL and flat out dominanted New England the last time they played in NE in the cold of January. Defense wins championships and with Ray Rice they will keep Brady off the field. While Brady is on the field Suggs and Company is going to make Brady run for his life. I have no doubts that they will have plenty of new wrinkles for the "Chosen one" the only way New England wins is if the officials start flagging anyone that looks at Brady cross eyed.

Oh ya take the under.

Baltimore 24
    New England 10
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

I could see that possibly happening but that was a completely different NE offense last time. They didn't have two humongous TEs last time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

They didn't have Welker for that game, either. The only 3 starters on offense who are the same are Brady, Light, and Mankins. Just looked it up, only 2 starters on defense are the same, too. Even I'm a little surprised to see that much turnover in just 2 years, although some of the backups are the same and some who were backups then are starters now.
    Last edited by blumj; 01-20-2012 at 12:05 AM.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

I'd take NE -10 if that was the line. I don't think Baltimore has a chance. Flacco is awful.

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    I'd take NE -10 if that was the line. I don't think Baltimore has a chance. Flacco is awful.
    The Ravens D is overrated at this point. Good, but not great.

The only advantage the Ravens offense has is Ray Rice. Other than that I give the Pats the advantage on offense.

I think it comes down to QB play, Brady vs. Flacco. I don't think its even a question there.

I'm going with the Ravens and Giants this weekend.

The Patriots defense is horrendous. The Ravens offense will be able to control the clock with Ray Rice and thus limit Brady's chances. The Patriots have beaten only 1 team with a winning record this season - last week's win against Denver. The Patriots are vastly overrated as a team.

The Giants are probably playing the best of any team right now. Their d-line is a mismatch against SF's o-line. The Giants get out to an early lead and force SF into becoming on dimensional which then allows the Giants d-line to "pin their ears back" and get after Smith.

Stat of the day: No team that has an offense or defense that ranks 26th or worst has won a Super Bowl.

The only that fits this stat this season would be the Baltimore Ravens (Def: 3rd | Off: 15th)

SF (Def: 4th | Off: 26th)
    NYG (Def: 27th | Off: 8th)
    NE: (Def: 31st | Off: 2nd)

Harbaugh versus Harbaugh.

Turn Off Ads?