Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is Redszone's #21 prospect?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • 3B Junior Arias

6 13.33%
  • RHP Andrew Brackman

7 15.56%
  • 1B/3B Sean Buckley

4 8.89%
  • RHP Alejandro Chacin

0 0%
  • RHP Tim Crabbe

7 15.56%
  • LHP Amir Garrett

1 2.22%
  • UT Brodie Greene

2 4.44%
  • RHP Drew Hayes

1 2.22%
  • LHP Donnie Joseph

4 8.89%
  • RHP Josh Judy

2 4.44%
  • RHP Chad Rogers

0 0%
  • RHP Josh Smith

6 13.33%
  • RHP Pedro Villarreal

2 4.44%
  • OF Kyle Waldrop

0 0%
  • 2B Ryan Wright

3 6.67%
  • other (please list below)

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who is Redszone's #21 prospect?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Who is Redszone's #21 prospect?

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    Sounds an awful lot like Joseph just at a lower level and a different breaking pitch (slider). So it begs the question why not Donnie? For that matter why any of the remaining arms over Joseph, last years #11 RZ prospect? Something about fans and what have you done for me lately kind of thinking.
    Well, I would start with the fact that Smith has two advantages: He still has a chance to start and he can throw his breaking ball, which isn't as good as Joseph's, but still pretty good, for strikes.

With that said, I still think Smith winds up a reliever and the uptick in Joseph's fastball this season is enough for me to still put him over Smith. But I still haven't gotten to Joseph just yet.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Donnie Joseph's slider is so good that he had never been challenged until he faced advanced hitting. He basically has to completely relearn how to pitch in order to get these new types of hitters out. I don't think his season was as bad as his numbers indicate, and he definitely showed improvement in the second half of the season. I understand having doubts about him, but I'm apparently higher on him than a lot of other people are around here.

One thing that's really surprising me is that more people aren't voting for 'Other'. As spread out as the votes are, I figured I'd see at least two or three votes for players who aren't on the board by now.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Donnie Joseph's slider is so good that he had never been challenged until he faced advanced hitting. He basically has to completely relearn how to pitch in order to get these new types of hitters out. I don't think his season was as bad as his numbers indicate, and he definitely showed improvement in the second half of the season. I understand having doubts about him, but I'm apparently higher on him than a lot of other people are around here.
    I have Joseph at #21 right now. But, I still have a guy ahead of him who isn't yet on the list. I really love the stuff. But I want to see him throw his slider for strikes before going much higher than that.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I have Joseph at #21 right now. But, I still have a guy ahead of him who isn't yet on the list. I really love the stuff. But I want to see him throw his slider for strikes before going much higher than that.
    Who do you have above him? I might put him on the next ballot.

Sean Buckley and Amir Garret are the two I have ahead of him right now. I originally had Garret ahead of him on my top 25 list, but after I finished my writeups for both I started to doubt that one. But in the end, the slim chance that Garret has to be a starter keeps him above Joseph for now.

Sean Buckley and Amir Garret are the two I have ahead of him right now. I originally had Garret ahead of him on my top 25 list, but after I finished my writeups for both I started to doubt that one. But in the end, the slim chance that Garret has to be a starter keeps him above Joseph for now.
    I guess I misunderstood. You had my hopes up, too. Both of those guys are on the ballot already.

I guess I misunderstood. You had my hopes up, too. Both of those guys are on the ballot already.
    Yes, we must've crossed some wires somewhere along the way.

A tweet from Amir Garrett back on Dec 18
    http://twitter.com/Amir_Garrett
    Amir_Garrett amir garrett
    @
    @BallasTV oh yeah i do still play baseball I'm signed to the Reds i just don't play right now i go to training camp in june
    18 Dec

Yes, we must've crossed some wires somewhere along the way.
    When you said 'list', I thought you were referring to the ballot. EVERYTHING IS SOLVED.

When you said 'list', I thought you were referring to the ballot. EVERYTHING IS SOLVED.
    Redszone's Sherlock Holmes!

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    A tweet from Amir Garrett back on Dec 18
    http://twitter.com/Amir_Garrett
    Good to see, though he does seem pretty strongly committed to Basketball as well.

If we give any credence to Sickels' new top-20 rankings, upcoming additions to the ballot should include Juan Perez, James Allen, Stalin Gerson, Cole Green and Chris Manno. He made a point of mentioning Perez, a lefty-hitting infielder (26th round last year) whose name has rarely come up on this board. Manno seems like an easy choice. And I believe Allen made an appearance a while back.

Turn Off Ads?