Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Bengals/Texans Playoff Game Thread

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Re: Bengals/Texans Playoff Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN View Post
    We just got beat by a 3rd string quarterback for the second time in 6 weeks....pathetic.....
    What? Yates was a nonfactor. I think it's pretty obvious why they lost.

2. Turn Off Ads?

That was a disappointing game. Really nothing went right for the Bengals. The run defense was awful, the O-Line wasn't giving Dalton time, Dalton wasn't making a lot of great throws (including the picks he threw). They looked like a young team lacking in experience.

It was still a good season and they are ahead of schedule, though. A good draft in a few months and the 2012 Bengals may be a legitimate contender.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    That was a disappointing game. Really nothing went right for the Bengals. The run defense was awful, the O-Line wasn't giving Dalton time, Dalton wasn't making a lot of great throws (including the picks he threw). They looked like a young team lacking in experience.

It was still a good season and they are ahead of schedule, though. A good draft in a few months and the 2012 Bengals may be a legitimate contender.
    6-10 to 8-8.

I have seen this episode before.

2011 - easy schedule. Beat one winning team.

2012 - harder schedule. Nobody will take them for granted. Need to beat more than one winning team. Fans will expect something, and we know how they perform when expectations are high....and there's something to play for...and they play winning teams. They fail...time and time again.

Been there. Done that.

As I've said many times here, Marvin has the safest and most cushiest job in the NFL. Lose more than you win or a lot more than you win? Aww, it's Mikey's fault, you get an extension! Win just one or two more than you lose or go .500? Coach of the year! "You are a genius, Marvin...we are so lucky to have you."

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
    Last edited by BuckeyeRedleg; 01-07-2012 at 11:57 PM.

Will the schedule be that hard next year though? They made the playoffs, but still were third in the division.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by forfreelin04 View Post
    There's a bright future in Cincy folks...
    I've never heard that one before...

But wait, this time is different.... right?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Will the schedule be that hard next year though? They made the playoffs, but still were third in the division.
    Honestly, as long as the Steelers and Ravens stay pretty much awesome, there is no way the Bungals* can have an easier schedule next year. And you know the Browns will eventually suck less than they did this year. That's six games, with, IMO, no way the Bungals* possibly go better than 2-4 in division.

*I hope I don't offend with "Bungals", but I've been following this team so long I've earned the right to call them what they are. Heck, if the world comes to an end and someday they actually win something, I'd still call them the Bungals. They're my Bungals.

I feel like a Cub fan.
    Last edited by BuckeyeRedleg; 01-08-2012 at 12:25 AM.

Yep, after seeing this I lean more to 6-10 than 8-8.

To be fair, though, I bet a few buddies this past August that the Bungals would win more than 5 games (most of my Steeler friends were thinking 2-14/3-13...............this is what happens when you don't use your brain and let ESPiN and the media spoon-feed you).

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    I have an agenda?

What is up with you?
    Going on and on about Mike Brown's history during a playoff game, as a continuation of your discussion about the same thing in the Bengals thread. I get it, you think Mikey's scum and have 20+ years of history to relate. Going on and on about that in the game thread was not the time or place, esp. when it is the same information you have been going on and on about it in the long Bengals thread.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    Yep, after seeing this I lean more to 6-10 than 8-8.

To be fair, though, I bet a few buddies this past August that the Bungals would win more than 5 games (most of my Steeler friends were thinking 2-14/3-13...............this is what happens when you don't use your brain and let ESPiN and the media spoon-feed you).
    All things being equal as of today, perhaps. But they never are. There are very few franchises in the NFL that don't dramatically change from year to year.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Going on and on about Mike Brown's history during a playoff game, as a continuation of your discussion about the same thing in the Bengals thread. I get it, you think Mikey's scum and have 20+ years of history to relate. Going on and on about that in the game thread was not the time or place, esp. when it is the same information you have been going on and on about it in the long Bengals thread.
    They lost the game due to personnel. Mike Brown is in charge ofnpersonnel- oh yeah, and his brother.

They hadn't won a playoff game in twenty years, well lo and behold they were playing a playoff game yesterday.

Football isn't played in a vacuum- what we saw yesterday is as much a product of the way this organization has been run as anything.

And really, nothing has changed- they can't beat a winning team. They only got there due to their schedule.

I'm sorry if you feel it wasn't the time and place. I couldn't think of a better time and place. It's not like I interrupted play by play- the game was clearly out of hand.

But thank you, Mr Message Board.

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    I thought the Texans overpaid for Joseph to be honest. He hadn't been very healthy in his seasons with the Bengals, I doubt they could afford to keep them both (Hall and Joseph).

Atkins, Dunlap, Whitworth. Gresham all look better to me than a sham.

What worries me is that Mike will sit on his hands.....and low ball, stall on getting Atkins (BIG Need) and Dunlap (Looks like a legit pass rusher since Edwards)...just like Joseph.

Do the Bengals know how to use a TE or i Dalton enamored with Green so much that he fails to look for him?

And again.... can this organization not understand that Guards are essential to an OL?

Neither Livings or Cook are good enough to start in the NFL.

Bobbie Williams was playing fine till he got injured, Andre Smith looked really good when he was able to be out there this year, and Whitworth is definitely a solid LT. Considering who he goes up against in the AFC North I think Whitworth does a good job for us.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    What worries me is that Mike will sit on his hands.....and low ball, stall on getting Atkins (BIG Need) and Dunlap (Looks like a legit pass rusher since Edwards)...just like Joseph.

Do the Bengals know how to use a TE or i Dalton enamored with Green so much that he fails to look for him?

And again.... can this organization not understand that Guards are essential to an OL?
    Your first point here is terrific- they have no idea how to use a TE.

I'm not as high on Dalton as everyone else. He didnt fall on his face, which given the supporting cast is truly saying something, but the last part of the season he was truthfully uninspiring.

This offense still needs a RB and needs to figure out how to use a TE, as Tony said.

I'm having a hard time remembering the last time the Bengals won a big game. Like, any game where there was a week's worth of anticipation leading up to it. Maybe somebody can refresh my memory?

Marvin looked more scared than Dalton out there yesterday. I wanted Marvin gone years ago, but I suppose this organization is still scarred from the Pre-Marvin era that they'll settle for mediocrity over pure ineptitude.

Turn Off Ads?