Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 NFL Draft Discussion

2012 NFL Draft Discussion

I realize its January, but I'd say the first domino has fallen:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/sto...ck-sources-say

My wish list for the Bengals two picks:

1.Trent Richardson (by trade most likely)
    2.David DeCastro (G-Stanford)
    3.Lamar Miller (RB-Miami)
    4.Alfonzo Dennard (CB-Nebraska)/Stephon Gilmore(CB-South Carolina)
    5.Mark Barron (S-Alabama)

If LaMichael James is there in the second or third round, I would take a chance. If anything, hes a special teams threat and an upgrade to Bernard Scott.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2012 NFL Draft Discussion

I hope for DeCastro and one of the corners in the first round for the Bengals.

Sign a REAL FA Guard and not garbage. Then draft another one.

BTW....Mathis was rated as one of the top Guards with the Eagles...but since Livings played next to Whitworth for LSU, they for some reason feel he is better suited for the Bengals.

It's early yet but I like Barron, he's not as athletically dynamic as I'd like but he has something just as important, great instincts. If he is just solid athletically speaking (which I think he is) he's a big piece. And I think with he and Nelson back there along with Hall and re-sign Clements we will be more than adequate in the secondary starting wise. I'd also like a Corner but good safety's seem more difficult to find for whatever reason so I would consider waiting a round or 2 for a CB, a real burner.

Guess we will have to see if the Bengals have any luck in FA, I'd prefer a legit starting OG via FA maybe one of the Saints guys. But I personally do not have a problem with drafting one early but the Bengals still seem to prefer interior OL after the 1st round. For that matter Safety's aren't typical 1st rounders for them either but I'm thinking since Nelson has looked so much better maybe they give it a go with Barron who fits us maybe better than anyone else in the league and seems to fit the mold of the type of player they have gone after the past several years now.

I'd love to have Richardson but I don't relish paying top 10 money for a RB anymore. But I think I would for him, we need someone that dynamic with this offense and this mix of players.

FA should give us a better idea of where to go with these picks. But that list is a good start for us IMO.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    Sign a REAL FA Guard and not garbage. Then draft another one.

BTW....Mathis was rated as one of the top Guards with the Eagles...but since Livings played next to Whitworth for LSU, they for some reason feel he is better suited for the Bengals.
    Mathis was better when he was a Bengal even, never got that whole deal.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

http://walterfootball.com/draftdata.php

223 mock drafts compiled at one site. Nice.

My FA targets would be as follows:
    1. Carl Nicks OG
    2. Ben Grubbs OG
    3. LaRon Landry S
    4. Peyton Hillis RB on a one-year deal only

Then depending on who what holes we were able to fill I'd target some combination of these guys in the first round:

1. David DeCastro OG
    2. Dre Kirkpatrick CB
    3. Mark Barron S
    4. Michael Floyd WR
    5. Trent Richardson RB

Justin Blackmon and Morris Claiborne would be my top choices, but they are likely to be long-gone by 17.

If we don't sign Landry or get Barron in the first round, we really need to get a S in Round 2. I don't want to see Chris Crocker in a Bengal uniform ever again.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    1. Carl Nicks OG
    2. Ben Grubbs OG
    3. LaRon Landry S

Then depending on who what holes we were able to fill I'd target some combination of these guys in the first round:

1. David DeCastro OG
    2. Dre Kirkpatrick CB
    3. Mark Barron S
    4. Michael Floyd WR
    5. Trent Richardson RB

Justin Blackmon and Morris Claiborne would be my top choices, but they are likely to be long-gone by 17.

If we don't sign Landry or get Barron in the first round, we really need to get a S in Round 2. I don't want to see Chris Crocker in a Bengal uniform ever again.
    Great minds ...

http://redszone.com/forums/showpost....&postcount=905

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    1. Carl Nicks OG
    2. Ben Grubbs OG
    3. LaRon Landry S

1. David DeCastro OG
    2. Dre Kirkpatrick CB
    3. Mark Barron S
    4. Michael Floyd WR
    5. Trent Richardson RB

I'm with ya for the most part. Though I don't get the Hillis signing, we need a back with more big play ability IMO. Ray Rice & Matt Forte are the top 2 FA RB's though I suspect both are likely to stick with their teams but with Forte it's hard to say. How about a 1st round pick to Chicago for his rights? Also Arian Foster is a RFA but with Tates emergence and that offense's reputation for being RB friendly maybe he'd be available as well. If not I'd trade up to get Richardson. And if they use next years Raiders pick (or our own) then we can keep one of our picks this season also to fill another big need.

Sign Landry, Re-Sign Nelson (amongst others), sign either OG but I actually like Grubbs because we can take him from Baltimore who doesn't like paying interior OL big money either.

1A - Richardson RB Bama (say maybe the #9 pick Carolina who can drop and still have many valid options and could use an additional early pick next year)
    1B - Decasto or Cordy Glenn with our selection in the 1st

2nd - CB
    3A - LaMichael James
    3B - OL (Yeah I think we will end up with a 3rd rounder for Joseph)
    4th - FB
    5th on depth.

Grubbs at LG & C. Glenn we'll say at RG completely re-invigorates the line and give us 2 very good maulers in the running game. With Richardson starting, Scott backing him up and James as a 3rd down Sproles type (ok not quite Sproles but speed/quickness wise he is on par).

--Woody Hayes

Would anybody else be willing to trade up to get Trent Richardson? He is my first choice, but if landing him is not going to happen, then in the first round I would like to see a cornerback, and a guard/safety.
    Let's get weird!

Quote Originally Posted by izzy's dad View Post
    Would anybody else be willing to trade up to get Trent Richardson? He is my first choice, but if landing him is not going to happen, then in the first round I would like to see a cornerback, and a guard/safety.
    I believe it would be too costly (draft pick wise) to trade up for Richardson. A lot of quality RB's could be available (Miller, Wilson, Pierce) late 1st through 3rd rounds.

Richardson would be nice to have, but with so many needs, I don't like giving up picks. The Bengals could use help on OL (guard - at least one, perhaps a center also), RB, WR (besides Green - Simpson is a free agent & not very reliable, but may be back), LB (Lawson is a free agent & there are no real playmakers there), safety & cornerback.

I can't see them trading multiple picks for one player. They need to accumulate picks (and use them wisely of course.)

I too would love to see the Bengals find a way to get Richardson.

I think he is going to be a great pro. Would be an awesome tool to keep pressure off our young QB.

Quote Originally Posted by UKFlounder View Post
    Richardson would be nice to have, but with so many needs, I don't like giving up picks. The Bengals could use help on OL (guard - at least one, perhaps a center also), RB, WR (besides Green - Simpson is a free agent & not very reliable, but may be back), LB (Lawson is a free agent & there are no real playmakers there), safety & cornerback.

I can't see them trading multiple picks for one player. They need to accumulate picks (and use them wisely of course.)
    If it costs the Bengals their two first rounders or a first and second this year to move up, then pass and take Lamar Miller or David Wilson later.

If it costs the Bengals the Oakland first rounder and a second round pick next year (the Bengals will have two), then by all means go for it. Use the second first round pick on Cordy Glenn or David DeCastro.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

DeCastro is a potential Top 10 pick. I'd be surprised if he fell that low.
    Last edited by Ohayou; 01-12-2012 at 03:05 PM.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Turn Off Ads?