Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: 2012 Bobbleheads..

  1. #1
    Member mroby85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,282

    2012 Bobbleheads..

    Was just looking at the promotion and saw bobbleheads for 2012
    Votto gold glove bobblehead
    Jay Bruce
    Johnny Cueto

    I'm kind of surprised they're repeating Bruce already rather than doing Chapman, Latos, etc, but I guess its better than last year. (Gomes/Dusty) lol

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    55

    Re: 2012 Bobbleheads..

    Also doing Sean Casey

  4. #3
    Member mroby85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,282

    Re: 2012 Bobbleheads..

    Quote Originally Posted by flyersbaseball View Post
    Also doing Sean Casey
    Thats cool, I didn't see that one. Is i a player one, or him announcing like the marty/joe/thom ones?

  5. #4
    Member alett12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    694

    Re: 2012 Bobbleheads..

    Much better than last year i agree. I would've liked to have seen a phillips gold glove too but it's still much better

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    55

    Re: 2012 Bobbleheads..

    There is some kind of giveaway with Phillips and GG I think

  7. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,666

    Re: 2012 Bobbleheads..

    I am overall very disapointed with the Reds Promo dept. Outside of the Casey Reds HOF bobblehead I really don't see the need for the other 3. I mean at least the Reds HOF is doing some new and interesting players for bobblehead. I mean with the rich history of the Reds and such you would think they could honor that history a little with some new and different choices.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Nothern Kentucky
    Posts
    282

    Re: 2012 Bobbleheads..

    Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    Thats cool, I didn't see that one. Is i a player one, or him announcing like the marty/joe/thom ones?
    Would it come with a sound chip, but no Off Switch?

  9. #8
    throws 106. NBD.
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,194

    Re: 2012 Bobbleheads..

    Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    I am overall very disapointed with the Reds Promo dept. Outside of the Casey Reds HOF bobblehead I really don't see the need for the other 3. I mean at least the Reds HOF is doing some new and interesting players for bobblehead. I mean with the rich history of the Reds and such you would think they could honor that history a little with some new and different choices.
    I agree. Cueto is the only new one of the group. The other three have all been done within the last 8 seasons.

    They have never given out any of the following:
    Edd Roush
    Ernie Lombardi
    Ted Kluszewski
    Vada Pinson
    Sparky Anderson
    Jim Maloney

    I could go on and on and on.

  10. #9
    Member mroby85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,282

    Re: 2012 Bobbleheads..

    Quote Originally Posted by KYRedLeg View Post
    Would it come with a sound chip, but no Off Switch?
    It should haha, and I agree about switching them up, although I'm okay with getting one of Votto ever year that looks different, but don't need several of marginal players like Jay Bruce, or Phillips. (Not saying they arent good, but theyre not Votto)

  11. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    35

    Re: 2012 Bobbleheads..

    I think it would be neat to see some of the older players in a set kind of like how they did the "BENCH" series when you went into the Hall of Fame...

  12. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    55

    Re: 2012 Bobbleheads..

    This year the HOF is doing Geronimo, Griffey Sr. Foster, Concepcion, Driessen and a TBA

  13. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,666

    Re: 2012 Bobbleheads..

    Quote Originally Posted by flyersbaseball View Post
    This year the HOF is doing Geronimo, Griffey Sr. Foster, Concepcion, Driessen and a TBA
    I am hoping the TBA is Don Gullett, as he was key to that team pitching wise...

  14. #13
    Member alett12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    694

    Re: 2012 Bobbleheads..

    I'm somewhat surprised they arent going to give one out for Larkin with the hof electing him

  15. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chapel Hill NC
    Posts
    3,251

    Re: 2012 Bobbleheads..

    ^ I am sure something will be done, prob had to wait to confirm if he got in this time.
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

  16. #15
    * Bat Votto Second * goreds2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    OH H - EYE OH
    Posts
    2,674

    Re: 2012 Bobbleheads..

    Quote Originally Posted by justincredible View Post
    I agree. Cueto is the only new one of the group. The other three have all been done within the last 8 seasons.

    They have never given out any of the following:
    Edd Roush
    Ernie Lombardi
    Ted Kluszewski
    Vada Pinson
    Sparky Anderson
    Jim Maloney

    I could go on and on and on.
    I have a Sparky but got it at a Columbus Clippers game a few years back.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

    Watched the 2012 Clincher on FOX.
    Proud owner of a 1990 Dodge Class B Motorhome: A chick magnet!
    GO STEELERS
    www.tracyjonesonline.com
    Great YOUTUBE videos.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25