Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 5 predictions for 2012

5 predictions for 2012

1. Heisey still doesnt get and outfield job with stubbs playing center still and again striking out over 200 times
    2. The reds pull off a trade at the dead line sending fransisco, and a pair of prospects for a big name closer, like K-Rod
    3. the reds win the division by over 5 games the pirates finish 2nd, brewers 3rd, cubs 4th, cards 5th, houston 6th.
    4. The reds sign Votto to a ten year $175 Million dollar extention
    5. Rolen comes back hits 20HR, 85RBIs and wins another Gold glove then retires after the season

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 5 predictions for 2012

I'd be pretty happy if those 5 things happen. Can't see Stubbs getting enough AB's to strike out 200 again if he starts out on pace for that.

Quote Originally Posted by jhu1321 View Post
    I'd be pretty happy if those 5 things happen. Can't see Stubbs getting enough AB's to strike out 200 again if he starts out on pace for that.
    You seem to be forgetting dusty stuck with him well beyond when he should have this year so I don't see this one as any differnt

Who is playing left field if Heisey still doesn't get his shot?

IMO: # 1 kills # 3 b/c we have no left field or center field production. Those positions, and whoever fills them, have to step up and produce.

And I hate to naysay, but I don't think Votto resigns at 17.5 mil per when Albert got 24 mil and is older than Votto. Although I'd love it if he did, of course!

Quote Originally Posted by jhu1321 View Post
    Who is playing left field if Heisey still doesn't get his shot?

IMO: # 1 kills # 3 b/c we have no left field or center field production. Those positions, and whoever fills them, have to step up and produce.
    Left goes to what ever veteran free agent dusty falls in love with this year.

1) Stubbs is told to swing away, but as soon as he gets 2 strikes he must attempt a bunt. Hey, if he's going to strike out I would rather see him with the bat in the hitting zone.

2) Latos blows up a few times and get a few games suspended. Only starts about 25 games. He still has an above .500 record.

3) Starter Chapman pitches well after the Reds finally says enough is enough with Bailey and his 2 -10 record at the all star break.

4) Fransico proves to be the better, healthier and future 3B with a hurt Rolen most of the season.

5) Reds win the wild card and win 2 games, but still love in the opening series to the ......Marlins.

Thread has serious potential

I also think Bronson will have a better season than Oswalt, both Cozart and mesoraco finish in the top 5 in R.O.Y. voting, and leake and Latos both have seasOns which puts them in he cy young conversation

Turn Off Ads?