Turn Off Ads?
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Reds Sign Ryan Madson

Re: Reds Sign Ryan Madson

Quote Originally Posted by mbgrayson View Post
    Marty just quoted Walt J. as saying that they aren't worried about Madson, that they are just being cautious. Madson told someone that his elbow was 'fine' today. Still, going to Cinci for an exam.
    What a load of GM speak. Of course they were worried about Madson, and the real possibility (probability) that this would turn into a disaster.

2. Turn Off Ads?

You know, I'm actually more upset that they aren't going to let Chapman start than I am about losing Madson.

At least we got Marshall signed before he got the "closer" label and his price doubled.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Thank goodness they signed him for that unbelievable bargain price. Imagine if it was market value.

Ugh.

Only bright side: guys tend to stick with the teams that see them through this surgery/recovery. Reds could get a deal for 2013. Assuming the usual optimistic (maybe improved) performance when it's all said and done. A long time from now.

As for 2012... well, yea, it pretty much bites. Chapman almost certainly makes the bullpen and delays his starter career *another* year.
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

Darn.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by I(heart)Freel View Post
    Thank goodness they signed him for that unbelievable bargain price. Imagine if it was market value.

Ugh.

Only bright side: guys tend to stick with the teams that see them through this surgery/recovery. Reds could get a deal for 2013. Assuming the usual optimistic (maybe improved) performance when it's all said and done. A long time from now.

As for 2012... well, yea, it pretty much bites. Chapman almost certainly makes the bullpen and delays his starter career *another* year.
    By that time we may not need a closer anymore, if Sean Marshall delivers.

What the Reds just lost besides the effective closer they needed, was two likely draft picks in FA compensation, had Madson repeated his 2011 season. All the way around this is bad.
    Last edited by LoganBuck; 03-24-2012 at 02:43 PM.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    What a load of GM speak. Of course they were worried about Madson, and the real possibility (probability) that this would turn into a disaster.
    I think it is a very professional way to handle avoiding speculating on the extent of a player's injury. Let the medical people speak to the injury and its severity. They spoke swiftly and definitively.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Topic Title change please.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    You know, I'm actually more upset that they aren't going to let Chapman start than I am about losing Madson.

At least we got Marshall signed before he got the "closer" label and his price doubled.
    Have they decided not to start Chapman? I thought he was starting today's game? Have you head anything new?
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    Have they decided not to start Chapman? I thought he was starting today's game? Have you head anything new?
    I hadn't seen a direct quote. Saw a number of references, most notably by Ken Rosenthal who doesn't tend to make things up.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Topic Title change please.
    There is an extant thread titled "Madson to have TJ Surgery." It might be easier to discuss his injury there than it would be to re-name a 400 post long thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Thus his team was punished
    Long live punishment
    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Cut back on booze and pizza?
    Good god man get a hold of yourself

Senor Votto

Is anything offical yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Plus Plus View Post
    There is an extant thread titled "Madson to have TJ Surgery." It might be easier to discuss his injury there than it would be to re-name a 400 post long thread.
    Okay, I thought I seen it locked, and now I see it isn't. Guess my eyes are playing tricks on me.

-The Insider-

I was right, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by cinreds21 View Post
    I was right, unfortunately.
    And I had wondered how you knew....but yet you did, without saying you did.

This blows.

Turn Off Ads?