Turn Off Ads?
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Reds Sign Ryan Madson

Re: Reds Sign Ryan Madson

Has anyone found old articles about him having soreness while with the Phillies? I found a piece where he had general body soreness after pitching 4 time in 6 days but nothing elbow or spring training related.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Madson heading to Cincinnati to see Dr. Kremchek tomorrow, per Sheldon. HERE.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Quote Originally Posted by mbgrayson View Post
    Madson heading to Cincinnati to see Dr. Kremchek tomrrow, per Sheldon.
    Yup. Just came here to post this. So unfortunate.

-Matt

ugh.

Madson heading to Cincinnati to see Dr. Kremchek tomorrow, per Sheldon. HERE.
    Better than going to see Dr. Andrews.

Maybe.
    "It's still a long way to the top if we want to rock'n'roll, but at least they dumped the tuba player."
    --M2

Were there any reports of Gomes skipping through the clubhouse after the Carpenter news from last week?

Marty just quoted Walt J. as saying that they aren't worried about Madson, that they are just being cautious. Madson told someone that his elbow was 'fine' today. Still, going to Cinci for an exam.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Marty just quoted Walt J. as saying that they aren't worried about Madson, that they are just being cautious. Madson told someone that his elbow was 'fine' today. Still, going to Cinci for an exam.
    Let's hope so. Just because the Reds could get by without him (if it were serious, ie. TJ), it's a much better team w/ him.

:fingerscrossed:

It's time to get a thorough MRI of that ulnar collateral ligament if it hasn't been done already

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Worst case scenario, if the Reds are out of the race in July (I can't even see how that would be possible right now, but bear with me) look at the pieces they could move for prospects for the future:

Marshall
    Madson
    Phillips
    Maybe Votto....
    No, I think we're seeing a worst case scenario play out now and it involves doctors

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    If the Madson does have TJ, do the Reds have some kind of insurance against his contract or will he be a Red next year automatically? It really sucks to sign a big-time free agent to a 1yr deal and just to have him jump ship while still taking the Reds' money.

-Matt
    Yes, Madson has a mutual option for next year so he can't come back without the Reds agreeing to exercise it

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/74...-year-85m-deal

That is what I suspected. Still, he is likely to miss some time at the beginning of the season if he isn't cleared soon. Let's hope he is just out for a few weeks, heck even a few months, and not the season.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

We should probably merge this thread with the bad news...
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Amazing. This franchise can't catch a break anymore. I was looking so forward to watching Madson/Marshall at the back end of the bullpen.

Crap, just crap. They must have flushed the toilet at PBS and sent some of the Bungles curse downstream.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Turn Off Ads?