Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds Sign Ryan Madson

Re: Reds Sign Ryan Madson

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    uggg... I would stay away from JD Drew. That guy still gives me stomach aches every time I see him on the field... that is when he isn't injured.
    I agree. It's like he hates playing baseball the way I hate going to work.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

2. Turn Off Ads?

I have a feeling Boras realized he just wasn't going to get a multiple year deal this year, so he goes for a one year deal and tries again next year. The dollar amount will be very interesting.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Eh, David Robertson and Mariano Rivera are the best in the business.
    Actually, Marshall has been the best reliever in baseball over the last 2 years based on WAR, 25% better than his closet competitor.

Somebody tell me something about this guy! I did'nt watch many Phillies games so I don't know much about him. Is he lights out in the ninth or does he scare you to death like Coco.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

Well it's going to be an interesting division this year. The Cards and Reds will be fighting it out all year long. Latos is the big key to the Reds this year, more than any acquisition they made in my opinion.

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    Hold your horses everyone, may not be true

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/...ticle_26308146
    Nah, that's just Mark Sheldon and his lack of good sources. Nice guy, but kind of out of the loop in most cases.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I have a feeling Boras realized he just wasn't going to get a multiple year deal this year, so he goes for a one year deal and tries again next year. The dollar amount will be very interesting.
    My take as well. It truly is worst case scenario, but should the Reds be out of contention in July, without extending either of the 2, they could get a nice return on either Madson or Marshall.

Calgary, Alberta, aka, the most prosperous city in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    I think the big upside is that he is only 30 and there is very little chance for regression, unlike with Cordero which is inconsistent at best. Madson does give them more stability from that standpoint.
    Cordero rode a very unsustainable BABIP last year of .214, which hid his K rate going down to the mid-5's. His WAR last year was 0.1, basically replacement level.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    They just signed Andrew Brackman like last week or whatever. He was nowhere near the first Boras client they've had.
    Edit: they've traded for a few Boras clients, but the only other player I can think of that they signed was Mark Pawelek.
    But, have they ever signed a major Boras client? I can't remember the Reds ever being in on one?
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Wow. Give Cast credit if this is true

https://twitter.com/#!/BNightengale/...61172216758272

Madson guaranteed only one year by #Reds in excess of $10 mill #mlb

Were the reds and cards hate eachother don't that mean we have to hate Mike Thierry .
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

Unlike others, I was hoping this deal with Madson was about a two year deal, with an option for a third year.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

Quote Originally Posted by Spitball View Post
    But, have they ever signed a major Boras client? I can't remember the Reds ever being in on one?
    Not sure, but Jocketty has a good history with Boras.

Quote Originally Posted by WVPacman View Post
    Were the reds and cards hate eachother don't that mean we have to hate Mike Thierry .
    nahh... no hate. Just a discussion on the impact of the closer position.

Quote Originally Posted by WVPacman View Post
    Somebody tell me something about this guy! I did'nt watch many Phillies games so I don't know much about him. Is he lights out in the ninth or does he scare you to death like Coco.
    He was essentially the set up man in Philly up until this last season. The coaches in Philly just said that he didn't have the 'closer mentality' to close out games. Yet he did fantastic in the set up role up until then. With spot chances to close out games where he was mediocre. That was until last season and Brad Lidge going down. When Madson was given his shot to take it over full time. He did and he shined. He only had a couple hickups during the season as most closers do and the rest of the time he was pretty daggon durable. Usually averaging about 1-2 K's per inning as well.

The stomach aches and sitting on the edge of your seat in constant worry and prayer that we would make it out of the game alive that Cordero made us endure night in and night out was not there from Madson last season.

Turn Off Ads?