Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Well there went our chances!

Well there went our chances!

After trading for Michael Pineda and signing Hiroki Kuroda I think its fair to say the Yankees have to be the favorites for the WS this year. With that offense and now revamped rotation don't really see anyone who compares to them.

Not that I thought we were going to win the world series but seriously Mariner's GM should be fired!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Well there went our chances!

I think Pineda is a good pitcher, but I don't know that he's a sure thing for the Yankees. He posted a solid but not spectacular 3.74 ERA last season and struck out a lot of hitters. He's also very young and should continue to improve. On the other hand, he is an extreme flyball pitcher, and I would think his HR/9 rate will increase when he moves from Safeco to Yankee Stadium.

Adding Kuroda and Pineda is a definite boon for the Yankees, but I don't think that those two additions alone make them prohibitive favorites to win the World Series.

Hey, at least the Cardinals didn't get them.

The 1990 Reds says hi!

Is Montero really a better prospect than alonso Montero's been ready for what seems like 2-3 years at least .Is that more of the yankees coddling him maybe trying to hide is liabilities? He Does not project as a catcher in the bigs So what am i missing if you compare him to Yonder Alonso

The move makes them a little better. Pineda and Kuroda will both get hit pretty hard in the AL East though. Kuroda is getting older and is leaving the lightest hitting division in baseball for the hardest hitting division. The Yanks should score some runs for them both but that offense is all a year older, as is their closer. In my opinion the Yankees are going to really have to battle all year with the Sox and Rays just to make the playoffs. If you really want to worry about someone, look at the Rangers and Angels. The Angels have added a lot but if the Rangers replace CJ Wilson with Darvish and Fielder, they are going to be way out there as the front runner.

Quote Originally Posted by cinredsfan2000 View Post
    Is Montero really a better prospect than alonso Montero's been ready for what seems like 2-3 years at least .Is that more of the yankees coddling him maybe trying to hide is liabilities? He Does not project as a catcher in the bigs So what am i missing if you compare him to Yonder Alonso
    He projects to more power. If he doesn't make it as a catcher then he can play 1B/DH, where Alonso is strictly 1B/DH, so there is a chance he can still be serviceable behind the plate like Posada!

Quote Originally Posted by cinredsfan2000 View Post
    I think it's important to remember that Montero is 3 years younger than Alonso. That's a huge difference when it comes to prospect status. Both guys will mash, though Montero has shown quite a bit more power.

Vottobot

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    The 1990 Reds says hi!
    Go Redlegs!!

um we play in nl we will worry about them later

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by R_Webb18 View Post
    um we play in nl we will worry about them later
    yup === I'd be happy to try them!
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

If the Reds make it to the World Series I'll be absolutly thrilled.

Don't see what the big fuss is about. We never play the Yankees and wouldn't have to face them until the World Series. IF we were to make it...I do think the playoffs will occur with greater frequency when the Astros head to the AL.

Turn Off Ads?