Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Reds Lost 30 One Run Games Last Season

Reds Lost 30 One Run Games Last Season

Im not sure how that compares statistically to the other teams in baseball but it seem high to me. It always seem like the bullpen last season when we needed them to hold the lead or keep it tied we gave it up.. On a 79 win team if you win 30% of those 30 one run loses your in the post season. So to sure up the back of the bullpen like we did is very encouraging to say the least. It seem like in 2010 when we won the division, we won those one run games. Offensively last season we mirror that 2010 team, but the glaring weakness was the bullpen.

I commend Walt for whats he's done this off season. I think if we play well and our in a great position at the all star break to win the division this year, will go out and get that right handed bat to split our lefty's up and play left field. I think ticket sales we be up this season as well making it more likely to get a high salary rental guy to finish the season off at the all star break if their is a need. Im ecstatic about this season Probably haven't been this excited since we sign Griffey, who was my childhood hero #GOREDS

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds Lost 30 One Run Games Last Season

I thought it would have been much higher. Alot of those games probably were ones in which cueto went out threw 8 innings gave up one or two runs and got the loss.

Cueto and willis both didn't get much run support. It did feel like cueto pitch deep into games where it was always one run or tied and one mistake by him or the bullpen got us beat .

The bullpen was responsible for 27 games this year where they lost the lead when the reds were ahead after the starters where pulled.

Well that seems pretty accurate, i think it should be different this year as long as everyone out there remembers they have a good fastball and don't try and get cute and paint the corners.

Cleveland Browns fans often use this logic about how they lost 12 games by a total of 35 points or w/e. In my opinion, That just shows you're a losing team that finds ways to lose games. Some players make plays in 1 run, 1 point games, and other go into their shell. Here's to hoping this year is different!

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    Cleveland Browns fans often use this logic about how they lost 12 games by a total of 35 points or w/e. In my opinion, That just shows you're a losing team that finds ways to lose games. Some players make plays in 1 run, 1 point games, and other go into their shell. Here's to hoping this year is different!
    Cardiac Kids just like when they won the divison season before last they were the best come from behind team in baseball. I think they still were this year but it finally caught up with them.

Quote Originally Posted by mroby85 View Post
    I whole heartily agree with this like I said I'm 2010 when we won the division we were second in the mlb in come back wins and best in the NL in one run games. This is professinal sports and the line between winning and losing is slim, but you got to fix areas your bad in. To sure up a Bullpen that was the cause of 27 loses I think is huge. These moves don't guarantee wins other areas may cause us to fail this season other then the Bullpen, but I think were better by these moves

Turn Off Ads?