Turn Off Ads?

Thread: How did Walt keep it all so quiet?

How did Walt keep it all so quiet?

Not one of these 3 moves ever were mentioned on any site I know as a rumor or talks going on. It's interesting how Walt was able to get so much done without any info leaking out...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: How did Walt keep it all so quiet?

I'm not sure, but Walt is known for keeping any trades very secret. My Cardinals friends say he was the same way in St. Louis.

Must have offed that guy who let the cat out of the bag with the Latos deal and sent a flounder to Scott Boras
    Last edited by trentthecaptain; 01-12-2012 at 12:34 AM.

Walt don't tweet.

It's not always Walt and the Reds brass that can leak potential trades. San Diego must have mentioned they were listening on Latos, but nobody linked the Reds to him. Same with Marshall and the Cubs. And we all know the Madson deal came out of nowhere. So while Walt certainly deserves credit, so do the Padres and Cubs.

That's Walt's strength as a GM. While others talk the talk and try to drive the asking prices, Walt simply lets the market determine what the right deals are and gets them done. It can be frustrating to not hear anything and see nothing get done, like last year, but that's just the way he operates. The mystery team usually wins.

Walt said he laid ground work for deals at the winter meetings, i'll admit at 1st i was speculative but he got it done i don't really care how he did it,

Nerdvana Annihilation

Duh, the deals go down in a room with the lights turned off.. Noone wants to let out any of that information out.

Now pucker up Walt and get us a left fielder.

Well he did that now too. I would rather have signed anyone else but oh well as long as he doesn't start I've got the feeling dusty will make sure that happens though

Walt plays his cards close to the chest. I d rather not have crazy rumors swirling.. nice job by Walt

Cards close to the chest?

Pun intended?

Turn Off Ads?